Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Garrett W. Cook | Category: Buddhism | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 0826353185 | ISBN13: 9780826353184 |
Description: Based on more than thirty years of ethnographic fieldwork in Highland Guatemala, this study of Maya diviners, shamans, ritual dancers, and religious brotherhoods describes the radical changes in traditional Maya religious practice wrought by economic globalization and political turmoil. Focusing on the primary participants in the annual festival in the K'iche' Maya village of Santiago Momostenango, the authors show how older religious traditionalists and the new generation of "cultural activist" religious practitioners interact within a single local community, and how their competing agendas for adapting Maya religiosity to a new and continually changing political economy are perpetuating and changing Maya religious traditions.
Indigenous Religion and Cultural Performance in the New Maya World.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35847
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Mobilizing Religion and Gender in India: The Role of Activism (Routledge Contemporary South Asia Series)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Museum, Gallery and Cultural Architecture in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Region: Essays in Antipodean Identity
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Southern Religion and Christian Diversity in the Twentieth Century (Religion & American Culture)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Public Finance and Public Policy in the New Century (CESifo Seminar Series)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Stephen Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber: The New Musical (Great Songwriters Series)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Self-designations and Group Identity in the New Testament
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Marketing, Technology and Customer Commitment in the New Economy: Proceedings of the 2005 Academy of Marketing Science (AMS) Annual Conference ... of the Academy of Marketing Science)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Highways, Byways, and Road Systems in the Pre-Modern World
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Fools, Frauds and Firebrands: Thinkers of the New Left
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Your Money and Your Brain: How the New Science of Neuroeconomics Can Help Make You Rich
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Sailors, Slaves, and Immigrants: Bondage in the Indian Ocean World, 1750-1914 (Palgrave Series in Indian Ocean World Studies) - Removed
- 2012-02-12Old Pine Bar - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2012-02-12Morris Chair - The New Yankee Workshop
- 2012-01-07Stephen Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber: The New Musical
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Women, Religion, and the Gift: An Abundance of Riches (Sophia Studies in Cross-cultural Philosophy of Traditions and Cultures)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Negotiating Linguistic, Cultural and Social Identities in the Post-Soviet World
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Computational Science and High Performance Computing IV: The 4th Russian-German Advanced Research Workshop, Freiburg, Germany, October 12 to 16, 2009 ... Fluid Mechanics and Multidisciplinary Design) - Removed
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Ownership Structure and Corporate Performance: A Panel Data Analysis for the German Market (Europaische Hochschulschriften / European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes) [Ger
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Indigenous people and the Pilbara mining boom: A baseline for regional participation
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.