[PDF] Infinite Families of Exact Sums of Squares Formulas, Jacobi Elliptic Functions, Continued Fractions, and Schur Functions (Developments in Mathematics)
Posted on 2018-01-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stephen Milne | Publisher: Springer | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 143 | ISBN: 1441952136 | ISBN13: 9781441952134 |
Description: The problem of representing an integer as a sum of squares of integers is one of the oldest and most significant in mathematics. It goes back at least 2000 years to Diophantus, and continues more recently with the works of Fermat, Euler, Lagrange, Jacobi, Glaisher, Ramanujan, Hardy, Mordell, Andrews, and others. Jacobi's elliptic function approach dates from his epic Fundamenta Nova of 1829. Here, the author employs his combinatorial/elliptic function methods to derive many infinite families of explicit exact formulas involving either squares or triangular numbers, two of which generalize Jacobi's (1829) 4 and 8 squares identities to 4n2 or 4n(n+1) squares, respectively, without using cusp forms such as those of Glaisher or Ramanujan for 16 and 24 squares. These results depend upon new expansions for powers of various products of classical theta functions. This is the first time that infinite families of non-trivial exact explicit formulas for sums of squares have been found. The author derives his formulas by utilizing combinatorics to combine a variety of methods and observations from the theory of Jacobi elliptic functions, continued fractions, Hankel or Turanian determinants, Lie algebras, Schur functions, and multiple basic hypergeometric series related to the classical groups. His results (in Theorem 5.19) generalize to separate infinite families each of the 21 of Jacobi's explicitly stated degree 2, 4, 6, 8 Lambert series expansions of classical theta functions in sections 40-42 of the Fundamental Nova. The author also uses a special case of his methods to give a derivation proof of the two Kac and Wakimoto (1994) conjectured identities concerning representations of a positive integer by sums of 4n2 or 4n(n+1) triangular numbers, respectively. These conjectures arose in the study of Lie algebras and have also recently been proved by Zagier using modular forms. George Andrews says in a preface of this book, `This impressive work will undoubtedly spur others both in elliptic functions and in modular forms to build on these wonderful discoveries.' Audience: This research monograph on sums of squares is distinguished by its diversity of methods and extensive bibliography. It contains both detailed proofs and numerous explicit examples of the theory. This readable work will appeal to both students and researchers in number theory, combinatorics, special functions, classical analysis, approximation theory, and mathematical physics.
Infinite Families of Exact Sums of Squares Formulas, Jacobi Elliptic Functions, Continued Fractions, and Schur Functions (Developments in Mathematics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35311
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Zeta Functions, Topology and Quantum Physics (Developments in Mathematics)
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Artificial Intelligence in Financial Markets: Cutting Edge Applications for Risk Management, Portfolio Optimization and Economics (New Developments in Quantitative Trading and Investment)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Foundations of Symmetric Spaces of Measurable Functions: Lorentz, Marcinkiewicz and Orlicz Spaces (Developments in Mathematics) - Removed
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Dynamical Systems on 2- and 3-Manifolds (Developments in Mathematics) - Removed
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Partitions, q-Series, and Modular Forms (Developments in Mathematics) - Removed
- 2017-12-22[PDF] History of Continued Fractions and Pade Approximants (Springer Series in Computational Mathematics)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Developments and Retrospectives in Lie Theory: Geometric and Analytic Methods (Developments in Mathematics) - Removed
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Elliptic Curves: Number Theory and Cryptography, Second Edition (Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Spectral Problems Associated with Corner Singularities of Solutions to Elliptic Equations (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs)
- 2017-11-06[PDF] The application of continued fractions and their generalizations to problems in approximation theory (Library of applied analysis and computational mathematics)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] History of Continued Fractions and Pade Approximants (Springer Series in Computational Mathematics)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] Wave Front Set of Solutions to Sums of Squares of Vector Fields (Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Positive Polynomials and Sums of Squares (Mathematical Surveys and Monographs)
- 2018-12-04A Pythagorean Introduction to Number Theory Right Triangles, Sums of Squares, and Arithmetic
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Infinite Music: Imagining the Next Millennium of Human Music-Making
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Infinite Tai Chi for Health with Jason Chan
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Contemporary Families: Translating Research Into Practice (Family Therapy and Counseling)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Infinite Time: Time Travel Adventure (Volume 1)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Revit Architecture 2014 Training Video
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.