Posted on 2017-12-17, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Xiang Zhang | Category: Chemical Engineering | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 1909030406 | ISBN13: 9781909030404 |
Description: Materials science holds the key to product development, improvement and failure analysis and, consequently, failure avoidance. Both in theory and practice, materials science is a complex combination of several scientific disciplines, including chemistry, physics, engineering and various technological disciplines. This book provides a practical guide to the use and applications of inorganic biomaterials. The first objective of this book is to introduce the concept of inorganic biomaterials, which includes bioceramics and bioglass. This concept is further extended to hybrid biomaterials consisting of inorganic and organic materials to mimic natural biomaterials. The second objective is to provide readers with information on biocompatibility, bioactivity and bioresorbability. The concept of the latter is important because of the increasing role resorbable biomaterials are playing in implant applications. The book also introduces a new concept on mechanical compatibility ? 'mechacompatibility'. Almost all implant biomaterials employed to date, such as metal and ceramic implants, do not meet this biological requirement as they have a far higher modulus than any biomaterials in the body. The third objective is to provide readers with knowledge of the practical techniques that are used in the characterisation of biomaterials, including chemical, physical, biological, microscopy and mechanical. Some specialised techniques are also introduced such as synchrotron microcomputed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging. The fourth objective is to provide readers with important information on new biomaterial development for use in orthopaedic and other areas, including controlled release technology, hydroxyapatite and hybrid bioresorbable materials. The final objective of this book is to provide a guide to regulatory considerations, an area which is often overlooked, but is an important part of research and development and the manufacturing of medical materials and devices.
Inorganic Biomaterials: Structure, Properties and Applications.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34471
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Carbon Nanomaterials: Synthesis, Structure, Properties and Applications
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Composite Nonwoven Materials: Structure, Properties and Applications
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Thermosets: Structure, Properties and Applications
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Nanoporous Alumina: Fabrication, Structure, Properties and Applications
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Silicene: Structure, Properties and Applications (Springer Series in Materials Science) - Removed
- 2019-03-23Carbon Nanotubes Synthesis, Structure, Properties and Applications - Removed
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Activated Carbon: Classifications, Properties and Applications (Chemical Engineering Methods and Technology)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Laser Cooling: Fundamental Properties and Applications
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Nanocomposite Materials: Synthesis, Properties and Applications
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Chalcogenide Glasses: Preparation, Properties And Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Rare Earth Materials: Properties and Applications
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Hyperbranched Polymers: Synthesis, Properties, and Applications
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Advanced Biomaterials: Fundamentals, Processing, and Applications
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Self-Assembled Structures: Properties and Applications in Solution and on Surfaces
- 2017-12-06[PDF] Photochromic Materials: Preparation, Properties and Applications
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Inorganic Membrane Reactors: Fundamentals and Applications
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Green Solvents I: Properties and Applications in Chemistry
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Tungsten Carbides: Structure, Properties and Application in Hardmetals (Springer Series in Materials Science)
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Natural Mineral Nanotubes: Properties and Applications
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.