[PDF] Integrated Water Resources Management, Institutions and Livelihoods under Stress: Bottom-up Perspectives from Zimbabwe UNESCO-IHE PhD Thesis
Posted on 2018-01-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Collin C. Mabiza | Publisher: CRC Press | Category: Management | Language: English | Page: 200 | ISBN: 1138000361 | ISBN13: 9781138000360 |
Description: The majority of people in Limpopo river basin depend on rainfed agriculture. Unfortunately the Limpopo is water scarce, and parts of the basin, such as Zimbabweâ€™s Mzingwane catchment, are under stress in terms of agro-ecological and socio-politicoeconomic conditions. Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) has been adopted in the river basin in an attempt to improve water resources management. However, it is not known whether, or how, IWRM has improved practices in water resources management and contributed towards improved livelihoods. This study used a bottom-up approach to analyse water management practices and livelihoods in the river basin. The objective of the study was to understand practices in water resources management at the local level, and what drives those practices. Specifically the study analysed: practices in access to water for domestic and productive uses, efforts at sustaining livelihoods and the environment, water management for agriculture, contestations over urban water services, and river basin planning. The study showed the importance of context as a driver of practices in water resources management. The demonstrated influence of local level drivers on water resources management and livelihoods suggest that the challenges in water resources management cannot be solved outside of the wider socio-politico-economic realm.
Integrated Water Resources Management, Institutions and Livelihoods under Stress: Bottom-up Perspectives from Zimbabwe UNESCO-IHE PhD Thesis.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35178
- 2013-10-01Integrated Water Resources Management, Institutions and Livelihoods under Stress: Bottom-up Perspectives from Zimbabwe
- 2017-10-08[PDF] Integrated Water Resources Management: Concept, Research and Implementation
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Integrated Water Resources Management in the 21st Century: Revisiting the paradigm
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Integrated Water Resources Management in Practice: Better Water Management for Development
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Sustainability of Integrated Water Resources Management: Water Governance, Climate and Ecohydrology
- 2010-06-01C. Lipchin, E. Pallant, D. Saranga, A. Amster - Integrated Water Resources Management and Security in the Middle East
- 2019-01-31Implementing Integrated Water Resources Management in Central Asia - Removed
- 2019-01-14Implementing Integrated Water Resources Management in Central Asia
- 2018-12-14Transboundary Water Resources Management Institutional and Engineering Approaches
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Integrated Water Resource Management: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- 2017-10-04[PDF] A Decision Framework for Integrated Wetland-River Basin Management in a Tropical and Data Scarce Environment: UNESCO-IHE PhD Thesis
- 2017-04-09[PDF] International Human Resources Management: Challenges and Changes (Management and Industrial Engineering)
- 2014-04-21Integrated Water Resources Management in the Mediterranean Region: Dialogue towards new strategy
- 2014-03-12Integrated Water Resources Management in the 21st Century: Revisiting the paradigm
- 2014-02-23Integrated Water Resources Management in the Mediterranean Region: Dialogue towards new strategy
- 2011-08-27Integrated Water Resources Management in Practice: Better Water Management for Development - Removed
- 2011-03-02Recommendations on Payments for Ecosystem Services in Integrated Water Resources Management
- 2009-09-21Integrated Water Resources Management (Water in South Asia)
- 2009-07-23Integrated Water Resources Management in Practice: Better Water Management for Development - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.