Posted on 2017-12-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Francis French | Publisher: University Press Audiobooks | Category: Audio Books | Language: English | ISBN: 843c91a20a484058abcc25b9112b5c47 |
Description: It was a time of bold new technology, historic moments, and international jousting on the final frontier. But it was also a time of human drama, of moments less public but no less dramatic in the lives of those who made the golden age of space flight happen. These are the moments and the lives that Into That Silent Sea captures, a book that tells the intimate stories of the men and women, American and Russian, who made the space race their own and gave the era its compelling character. These minutes chronicle a varied and riveting cavalcade of human stories, including a look at Yuri Gagarin's harrowing childhood in war-ravaged Russia and Alan Shepard's firm purchase on the American dream. It also examines the controversial career of cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova, the first woman in space, and the remarkable struggle and ultimate disappointment of her American counterparts. It tries to uncover the truth behind the allegations that shadowed Gus Grissom and Scott Carpenter and then allows the listener to share the heart-stopping suspense of Alexei Leonov's near-fatal first spacewalk. Through dozens of interviews and access to Russian and American official documents and family records, the authors bring to life the experiences that shaped the lives of the first astronauts and cosmonauts and forever changed their world and ours. The book is published by University of Nebraska Press.
Into That Silent Sea: Trailblazers of the Space Era, 1961-1965 [Audiobook].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34267
- 2011-06-29Into That Silent Sea: Trailblazers of the Space Era, 1961-1965 (Outward Odyssey: A People's History of S) - Removed
- 2009-12-20Into That Silent Sea: Trailblazers of the Space Era, 1961-1965
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Magic That Works: Practical Training for the Children of Light
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Crystals That Flow: Classic Papers from the History of Liquid Crystals (Liquid Crystals Book Series)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] Into That Darkness: An Examination of Conscience
- 2017-12-04[PDF] All That He Loves (Volume 2 The Billionaire's Seduction)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Into That Forest
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Dust that Breathes: Christian Faith and the New Humanisms
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Eat That Frog!: Get More of the Important Things Done - Today!
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Wars That Changed History: 50 of the World's Greatest Conflicts
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Writing That Works: Communicating Effectively on the Job (11th edition)
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Crystals That Flow: Classic Papers from the History of Liquid Crystals (Liquid Crystals Book Series)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Into That Darkness: An Examination of Conscience
- 2018-11-22Whose Boat Is This Boat Comments That Don't Help in the Aftermath of a Hurricane [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-1513 Things That Don't Make Sense The Most Intriguing Scientific Mysteries [Audiobook]
- 2018-06-0713 Things That Don't Make Sense The Most Intriguing Scientific Mysteries [Audiobook]
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Making Constitutional Law: Thurgood Marshall and the Supreme Court, 1961-1991
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Our Mathematical Universe: My Quest for the Ultimate Nature of Reality [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.