Posted on 2018-01-25, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Seymur Cahangirov | Publisher: Springer | Category: Physics | Language: English | Page: 96 | ISBN: 3319465708 | ISBN13: 9783319465708 |
Description: This concise book offers an essential introduction and reference guide for the many newcomers to the field of physics of elemental 2D materials. Silicene and related materials are currently among the most actively studied materials, especially following the first experimental synthesis on substrates in 2012. Accordingly, this primer introduces and reviews the most crucial developments regarding silicene from both theoretical and experimental perspectives. At the same time the reader is guided through the extensive body of relevant foundational literature. The text starts with a brief history of silicene, followed by a comparison of the bonding nature in silicon versus carbon atoms. Here, a simple but robust framework is established to help the reader follow the concepts presented throughout the book. The book then presents the atomic and electronic structure of free-standing silicene, followed by an account of the experimental realization of silicene on substrates. This topic is subsequently developed further to discuss various reconstructions that silicene acquires due to interactions with the substrate and how such effects are mirrored in the electronic properties. Next the book examines the dumbbell structure that is the key to understanding the growth mechanism and atomic structure of multilayer silicene. Last but not least, it addresses similar effects in other elemental 2D materials from group IV (germanene, stanane), group V (phosphorene) and group III (borophene), as well as transition metal dichalcogenides and other compositions, so as to provide a general comparative overview of their electronic properties.
Introduction to the Physics of Silicene and other 2D Materials (Lecture Notes in Physics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35642
- 2017-11-28[PDF] An Introduction to the Evolution of Single and Binary Stars (Undergraduate Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Introduction to the Physics of Stellar Interiors (Astrophysics and Space Science Library)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Introduction to the Physics of Nanoelectronics (Woodhead Publishing Series in Electronic and Optical Materials)
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Introduction to the Physics of Matter: Basic atomic, molecular, and solid-state physics
- 2017-10-15[PDF] Introduction to the Theory of Metastable and Unstable States (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Introduction to the Physics of Massive and Mixed Neutrinos (Springer Lecture Notes in Physics)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Introduction to the Physics of the Earth's Interior
- 2017-12-16[PDF] Introduction to the Physics of Gyrotrons
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Introduction to the Physics of Waves
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Introduction to the Calculus of Variations and Control with Modern Applications
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Introduction to the Theory of Atomic and Molecular Collisions
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Introduction to the Castles of England and Wales
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Introduction to the Physics of Landslides: Lecture notes on the dynamics of mass wasting (Springer)
- 2017-01-03[PDF] Introduction to the Castles of England and Wales
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Who Put the Butter in Butterfly?: And Other Fearless Investigations into Our Illogical Language
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Lost Among the Baining: Adventure, Marriage, and Other Fieldwork
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Introduction to Nano: Basics to Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (Engineering Materials)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Searching for the Beginning of Time and Other Short Stories from Science, History and Philosophy
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Convex Variational Problems: Linear, nearly Linear and Anisotropic Growth Conditions (Lecture Notes in Mathematics) - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.