Posted on 2018-01-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Steve Walsh | Publisher: Routledge; New edition | Category: Education | Language: English | Page: 192 | ISBN: 0415364698 | ISBN13: 978-041536469 |
Description: Investigating Classroom Discourse is an exciting new series which addresses the need for a refreshing approach to research on areas of spoken language. These previously compartmentalized contexts, such as media discourse and classroom discourse, are brought together through the common use of corpus linguistics as a framework for analysis. Investigating Classroom Discourse presents language use and interaction as the basis of good teaching and learning, and provides teachers and researchers with the tools to analyse classroom discourse and move towards more effective instruction. The book provides an overview of the existing approaches to describing and analysing classroom discourse and identifies the principal characteristics of classroom language, by focusing mainly on the second language classroom. Other contexts featured include primary and secondary classrooms as well as higher education settings. Using spoken corpora, such as classroom recordings and reflective feedback interviews from a sample group of teachers, Steve Walsh demonstrates the SETT (Self Evaluation of Teacher Talk) as a framework for analysing discourse within the classroom, and highlights the improvements SETT promotes. Investigating Classroom Discourse will appeal to applied linguists, teachers and researchers of TESOL, as well as practitioners on MEd or taught doctorate programmes. Review Useful reading for all teacher trainers/educators. - Teacher Trainer Clearly written and coherent...A ready readership might include language teachers in training, postgraduate students and classroom researchers interested in language classroom discourse. This book would also make instructive reading for non-experts charged with inspecting L2 classrooms, a group growing in number. - Educational Review This promises to be an excellent series...the series proposal is correct in its identification of a need, and the combination of approaches promised in each book is refreshing (Susan Hunston, University of Birmingham) I expect this to be a high quality book series, accessible to students, and addressing topics that are of general interest to students. Given the absence of a comparable book series, I would expect that the books would be comercially successful (Doug Biber, Northern Arizona).
Investigating Classroom Discourse (Domains of Discourse).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35464
- 2009-04-20Investigating Classroom Discourse (Domains of Discourse) - Removed
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Handbook of Classroom Discourse and Interaction (Blackwell Handbooks in Linguistics)
- 2017-10-12[PDF] Classroom Discourse: The Language of Teaching and Learning
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Classroom Discourse: The Language of Teaching and Learning
- 2009-05-08Investigating Workplace Discourse (Domains of Discourse) - Removed
- 2019-05-10The Handbook of Classroom Discourse and Interaction
- 2018-11-23Language for Teaching Purposes Bilingual Classroom Discourse and the Non-Native Speaker Language Tea...
- 2018-11-10Negotiated Interaction in Target Language Classroom Discourse
- 2018-06-18Language for Teaching Purposes Bilingual Classroom Discourse and the Non-Native Speaker Language Teacher
- 2018-06-10Language for Teaching Purposes Bilingual Classroom Discourse and the Non-Native Speaker Language Teacher
- 2018-06-09Language for Teaching Purposes Bilingual Classroom Discourse and the Non-Native Speaker Language Teacher
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Stancetaking in Discourse - Subjectivity, Evaluation, Interaction
- 2018-01-29[PDF] South Slavic Discourse Particles (Pragmatics & Beyond New Series)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Corpora and Discourse Studies: Integrating Discourse and Corpora (Palgrave Advances in Language and Linguistics) - Removed
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Linguistic Theory discourse of fundamental works
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Opposition In Discourse: The Construction of Oppositional Meaning
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Music as Discourse: Semiotic Adventures in Romantic Music
- 2017-12-31[PDF] A Preliminary Discourse on the Study of Natural History (Cambridge Library Collection - Zoology)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] A Preliminary Discourse on the Study of Natural Philosophy (Cambridge Library Collection - Physical Sciences)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.