Posted on 2018-01-31, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Steven Monte | Category: Poetry | Language: French | Page: 298 | ISBN: 080323211X | ISBN13: 9780803232112 |
Description: For all its recent popularity among poets and critics, prose poetry continues to raise more questions than it answers. How have prose poems been identified as such, and why have similar works been excluded from the genre? What happens when we read a work as a prose poem? How have prose genres such as the novel affected prose poetry and modern poetry in general? In Invisible Fences Steven Monte places prose poetry in historical and theoretical perspective by comparing its development in the French and American literary traditions. In spite of its apparent formal freedom, prose poetry is constrained by specific historical circumstances and is constantly engaged in border disputes with neighboring prose and poetic genres. Monte illuminates these constraints through an examination of works that have influenced the development of the prose poem as well as through a discussion of genre theory and detailed readings of poems ranging from Charles Baudelaire's "La Solitude" to John Ashbery's "The System." Monte explores the ways in which literary-historical narratives affect interpretation: why, for example, prose poetry tends to be seen as a revolutionary genre and how this perspective influences readings of individual works. The American poets he discusses include Ralph Waldo Emerson, William Carlos Williams, T. S. Eliot, Gertrude Stein, and Ashbery the French poets range from Baudelaire, Arthur Rimbaud, and Stephane Mallarm to Max Jacob. In exploring prose poetry as a genre, Invisible Fences offers new perspectives not only on modern poetry, but also on genre itself, challenging current theories of genre with a test case that asks for yet eludes definition.
Invisible Fences: Prose Poetry as a Genre in French and American Literature [French].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35841
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Invisible Intruders: How to protect yourself from online fraudsters and internet scammers
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Venice - The Artist's Vision - A Guide to British and American Painters
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Affect and American Literature in the Age of Neoliberalism
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Difficult Diasporas: The Transnational Feminist Aesthetic of the Black Atlantic (American Literature Initiative)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Scent of Apples: A Collection of Stories (Classics of Asian American Literature)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Toward Democracy: The Struggle for Self-Rule in European and American Thought
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Outlines of English and American Literature an Introduction to the Chief Writers of England and America, to the Books, They Wrote, and to the Times, in Which They Lived (Classic Reprint)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Outlines of English and American Literature an Introduction to the Chief Writers of England and America
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Color Codes: Modern Theories of Color in Philosophy, Painting and Architecture, Literature, Music, and Psychology
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Orion Center Bibliography of the Dead Sea Scrolls and Associated Literature (2000-2006) (Studies on the Texts of the Desert of Judah)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Incomparable Empires: Modernism and the Translation of Spanish and American Literature (Modernist Latitudes) [Spanish]
- 2017-12-09[PDF] The Emotions of the Ancient Greeks: Studies in Aristotle and Classical Literature (Robson Classical Lectures)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] A Right to Sing the Blues: African Americans, Jews, and American Popular Song
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Superheroes of the Round Table: Comics Connections to Medieval and Renaissance Literature
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Time, Tense, and American Literature: When Is Now? (Cambridge Studies in American Literature and Culture)
- 2017-10-10[PDF] The Fever of 1721: The Epidemic That Revolutionized Medicine and American Politics
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Outsourcing the Global War on Terrorism: Private Military Companies and American Intervention in Iraq and Afghanistan - Removed
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Nuptial Symbolism in Second Temple Writings, the New Testament and Rabbinic Literature: Divine Marriage at Key Moments of Salvation History (Ancient Judaism and Early Christianity)
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Incomparable Empires: Modernism and the Translation of Spanish and American Literature (Modernist Latitudes) [Spanish]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.