Posted on 2017-10-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Bimbo, Katalin | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 436 | ISBN: 3319292986 | ISBN13: 9783319292984 |
Description: This book celebrates and expands on J. Michael Dunnâ€™s work on informational interpretations of logic. Dunn, in his Ph.D. thesis (1966), introduced a semantics for first-degree entailments utilizing the idea that a sentence can provide positive or negative information about a topic, possibly supplying both or neither. He later published a related interpretation of the logic R-mingle, which turned out to be one of the first relational semantics for a relevance logic. An incompatibility relation between information states lends itself to a definition of negation and it has figured into Dunn's comprehensive investigations into representations of various negations. The informational view of semantics is also a prominent theme in Dunnâ€™s research on other logics, such as quantum logic and linear logic, and led to the encompassing theory of generalized Galois logics (or "gaggles"). Dunnâ€™s latest work addresses informational interpretations of the ternary accessibility relation and the very nature of information. The book opens with Dunnâ€™s autobiography, followed by a list of his publications. It then presents a series of papers written by respected logicians working on different aspects of information-based logics. The topics covered include the logic R-mingle, which was introduced by Dunn, and its applications in mathematical reasoning as well as its importance in obtaining results for other relevance logics. There are also interpretations of the accessibility relation in the semantics of relevance and other non-classical logics using different notions of information. It also presents a collection of papers that develop semantics for various logics, including certain modal and many-valued logics. The publication of this book is well timed, since we are living in an "information age.â€ Providing new technical findings, intellectual history and careful expositions of intriguing ideas, it appeals to a wide audience of scholars and researchers.
J. Michael Dunn on Information Based Logics (Outstanding Contributions to Logic).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32299
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Applied Research of Quantum Information Based on Linear Optics (Springer Theses)
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Johan van Benthem on Logic and Information Dynamics (Outstanding Contributions to Logic)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Rohit Parikh on Logic, Language and Society (Outstanding Contributions to Logic) - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Metadata Management in Statistical Information Processing: A Unified Framework for Metadata-Based Processing of Statistical Data Aggregates (Archives of Virology.)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Monitoring and Control of Information-Poor Systems: An Approach based on Fuzzy Relational Models
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Imprecision and Uncertainty in Information Representation and Processing: New Tools Based on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets and Generalized Nets (Studies in Fuzziness and Soft Computing)
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Dynamic Analysis of Petri Net-Based Discrete Systems (Lecture Notes in Control and Information Sciences) - Removed
- 2019-03-12Computer-Based Design and Manufacturing An Information-Based Approach
- 2019-03-05Computer-Based Design and Manufacturing An Information-Based Approach
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Syntactic Structures and Morphological Information (Interface Explorations)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Drug Design: Structure- and Ligand-Based Approaches
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Foodinformatics: Applications of Chemical Information to Food Chemistry
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Future Wireless Networks and Information Systems: Volume 1 - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Oxford Handbook of Evidence-Based Management
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Counterterrorism and Cybersecurity: Total Information Awareness
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Freedom of Speech and Information in Global Perspective - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Constraint Satisfaction Techniques for Agent-Based Reasoning (Whitestein Series in Software Agent Technologies and Autonomic Computing) - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] China's Highway of Information and Communication Technology - Removed
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Model-Driven Engineering of Information Systems: Principles, Techniques, and Practice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.