[PDF] Jesus as Guru: The Image of Christ Among Hindus and Christians in India. (Currents of Encounter)
Posted on 2017-11-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Jan Peter Schouten | Publisher: Rodopi | Category: Christianity | Language: English | Page: 324 | ISBN: 9042024437 | ISBN13: 9789042024434 |
Description: People in India form images of Jesus Christ that link up with their own culture. Hindus have given Jesus a place among the teachers and gods of their own religion, seeing in his life something of the wisdom and mysticism that is so central to Hinduism. Christians in India also make use of the concepts provided by Hinduism when they wish to express the meaning of Christ. Thus, in any case, Jesus is-for Hindus and Christians-a guru, a teacher of wisdom who speaks with divine authority. But for many Hindu philosophers and Christian theologians there is much more that can be said about him within the Indian framework. He can be described as an avatara, a divine descent, or linked to the Brahman, the all-encompassing Reality. This study looks at both Hindu and Christian views of Christ, starting with that of the Hindu reformer Rammohan Roy at the beginning of the nineteenth century, as well as those of the first Christian theologians of India. The views of Mahatma Gandhi and the monks of the Ramakrishna Mission are discussed, and those of influential Christian schools such as the Ashram movement and dalit theology. Five intermezzos indicate how artists in India portray Jesus Christ.
Jesus as Guru: The Image of Christ Among Hindus and Christians in India. (Currents of Encounter).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33927
- 2018-05-10Jesus as Guru The Image of Christ Among Hindus and Christians in India.
- 2009-04-07Jesus as Guru: The Image of Christ among Hindus and Christians in India - Removed
- 2017-12-11[PDF] The Image of Christ in Modern Art
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Jesus' Cry From the Cross: Towards a First-Century Understanding of the Intertextual Relationship between Psalm 22 and the Narrative of MarkaTMs Gospel (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible (And Why We Don't Know About Them)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and Me: A Memoir. . . of Sorts [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-03[PDF] The Image in Mind: Theism, Naturalism, and the Imagination (Continuum Studies in Philosophy of Religion)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Canon 70D Experience - The Still Photography Guide to Operation and Image Creation with the Canon EOS 70D
- 2017-12-01[PDF] The Triumph of the Cross: The Passion of Christ in Theology and the Arts from the Renaissance to the Counter-Reformation
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Jesus on Catching the Bull.: Find your True Self.
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Virtuous or Villainess? The Image of the Royal Mother from the Early Medieval to the Early Modern Era (Queenship and Power)
- 2017-10-29[PDF] John Bale's 'The Image of Both Churches' (Studies in Early Modern Religious Tradition, Culture and Society)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Beauty of the Cross: The Passion of Christ in Theology and the Arts from the Catacombs to the Eve of the Renaissance
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Nikon D750 Experience - The Still Photography Guide to Operation and Image Creation with the Nikon D750
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Jackson Pollock: Veiling the Image
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Jesus Mary Joseph: The Secret Legacy of Jesus and Mary Magdalene
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Paul Frosh - The Image Factory: Consumer Culture, Photography and the Visual Content Industry
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Jesus Consumer: Reframing the Debate between Faith and Consumption
- 2017-01-10[PDF] The Triumph of the Cross: The Passion of Christ in Theology and the Arts from the Renaissance to the Counter-Reformation
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.