Posted on 2017-12-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: William Shawcross | Publisher: PublicAffairs; Reprint edition | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 1586489755 | ISBN13: 9781586489755 |
Description: Since the Nuremberg Trials of 1945, lawful nations have struggled to impose justice around the world, especially when confronted by tyrannical and genocidal regimes. But in Cambodia, the USSR, China, Bosnia, Rwanda, and beyond, justice has been served haltingly if at all in the face of colossal inhumanity. International Courts are not recognized worldwide. There is not a global consensus on how to punish transgressors. The war against Al Qaeda is a war like no other. Osama bin Laden, Al Qaedaâ€™s founder, was killed in Pakistan by Navy Seals. Few people in America felt anything other than that justice had been served. But what about the man who conceived and executed the 9/11 attacks on the US, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed? What kind of justice does he deserve? The U.S. has tried to find the high ground by offering KSM a trial â€“ albeit in the form of military tribunal. But is this hypocritical? Indecisive? Half-hearted? Or merely the best application of justice possible for a man who is implacably opposed to the civilization that the justice system supports and is derived from? In this book, William Shawcross explores the visceral debate that these questions have provoked over the proper application of democratic values in a time of war, and the enduring dilemma posed to all victors in war: how to treat the worst of your enemies.
Justice and the Enemy: Nuremberg, 9/11, and the Trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34629
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Justice and the Just War Tradition: Human Worth, Moral Formation, and Armed Conflict
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Justice in the United States: Human Rights and the Constitution
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Justice and the Social Contract: Essays on Rawlsian Political Philosophy
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Justice in the Marketplace in Early Modern Spain: Saravia, Villalon and the Religious Origins of Economic Analysis
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Justice and Grace: Private Petitioning and the English Parliament in the Late Middle Ages
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Justice and Grace: Private Petitioning and the English Parliament in the Late Middle Ages
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Justice and the Social Contract: Essays on Rawlsian Political Philosophy
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Justice Ascending (The Scorpius Syndrome)
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Justice In The Balance
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Strange Histories: The Trial of the Pig, the Walking Dead, and Other Matters of Fact from the Medieval and Renaissance Worlds
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Justice for the Damned: A Medieval Mystery
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Justice for the Damned (A Steel City Thriller)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Justice Interrupted: The Struggle for Constitutional Government in the Middle East
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Justice and Law
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Justice and Justification: Reflective Equilibrium in Theory and Practice (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Public Policy)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The Hunt for KSM: Inside the Pursuit and Takedown of the Real 9/11 Mastermind, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Justice for the Black Knight
- 2017-02-14[PDF] Strange Histories: The Trial of the Pig, the Walking Dead, and Other Matters of Fact from the Medieval and Renaissance Worlds
- 2019-07-26#(Best) - Why You Should Read The Moral Arc: How Science and Reason Lead Humanity toward Truth, Justice, and Freedom by Michael Shermer Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.