Posted on 2018-01-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: M. W. Collins, R. C. Dougal, C. Koenig | Category: Other Engineering | Language: English | Page: 482 | ISBN: 1845641493 |
Description: This volume looks afresh at the life and works of Lord Kelvin including his standing and relationships with Charles Darwin, T. S Huxley and the X-club, therefore throwing new light on the nineteenth- century conflict between the British energy and biology specialists. It focuses on two principal issues. Firstly, there is the contribution made by Kelvin to the formulation of the Laws of Thermodynamics, both personal and in the content of the scientific communications exchanged with other workers, such as Joule and Clausius. Secondly, there is Kelvin's impact on the wider field of science such as thermoelectricity and geology (determination of the age of the earth). Of late a number of studies and initiatives, including the Centenary celebrations of Kelvin's death and exhibits such as that of the 'Revolutionary Scientist' in the Hunterian Museum, Glasgow, have been undertaken aiding the redefinition of Kelvin's greatness and achievements. The book also raises awareness to 'improve our approach to the teaching of elementary thermodynamics by attempting to empathise with Kelvin's perspective'. It is completed by a full biography, overviews of various monuments to his memory, and short 'Stories in Pictures' on the Atlantic cable, Maxwell's Demon, the universities associated with the development of thermodynamics and the Royal Society of Edinburgh.Scientists and engineers with an interest in thermodynamics and anyone interested in the work of Lord Kelvin will find benefit in Kelvin, Thermodynamics and the Natural World.
Kelvin, Thermodynamics and the Natural World.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35589
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Shakespeare and the Natural World
- 2019-01-31Leibniz and the Natural World Activity, Passivity and Corporeal Substances in Leibniz's Philosophy - Removed
- 2019-01-14Leibniz and the Natural World Activity, Passivity and Corporeal Substances in Leibniz's Philosophy
- 2018-11-13The Global Carbon Cycle Integrating Humans, Climate, and the Natural World
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Between Heaven and the Real World: My Story
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Nazi Propaganda and the Second World War
- 2018-01-15[PDF] National Myth and the First World War in Modern Popular Music (Palgrave Studies in the History of Subcultures and Popular Music)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] New Zealand and the Second World War: The People, the Battles and the Legacy
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Mycenaean Greece and the Aegean World: Palace and Province in the Late Bronze Age
- 2018-01-07[PDF] German Reparations and the Jewish World: A History of the Claims Conference [German]
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Field Guide to the Natural World of New York City
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Western Art and the Wider World
- 2017-12-25[PDF] European Cartographers and the Ottoman World, 1500-1750: Maps from the Collection of O.j. Sopranos (Oriental Institute Museum Publications)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Climate, History and the Modern World
- 2017-12-19[PDF] 1607: Jamestown and the New World
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Nazi Germany and the Arab World
- 2017-12-01[PDF] South America and the First World War: The Impact of the War on Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile (Cambridge Latin American Studies)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Vera Brittain and the First World War: The Story of Testament of Youth
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Attachment Security and the Social World
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.