Posted on 2018-01-26, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Lawrence Busch | Category: Education | Language: French | Page: 176 | ISBN: 026203607X | ISBN13: 9780262036078 |
Description: A new philosophy of higher education has taken hold in institutions around the world. Its supporters disavow the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake and argue that the only knowledge worth pursuing is that with more or less immediate market value. Every other kind of learning is downgraded, its budget cut. In Knowledge for Sale, Lawrence Busch challenges this market-driven approach. The rationale for the current thinking, Busch explains, comes from neoliberal economics, which calls for reorganizing society around the needs of the market. The market-influenced changes to higher education include shifting the cost of education from the state to the individual, turning education from a public good to a private good subject to consumer demand redefining higher education as a search for the highest-paying job and turning scholarly research into a competition based on metrics including number of citations and value of grants. Students, administrators, and scholars have begun to think of themselves as economic actors rather than seekers of knowledge. Arguing for active resistance to this takeover, Busch urges us to burst the neoliberal bubble, to imagine a future not dictated by the market, a future in which there is a more educated citizenry and in which the old dichotomies â€“ market and state, nature and culture, and equality and liberty â€“ break down. In this future, universities value learning and not training, scholarship grapples with society's most pressing problems rather than quick fixes for corporate interests, and democracy is enriched by its educated and engaged citizens.
Knowledge for Sale: The Neoliberal Takeover of Higher Education (Infrastructures).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35680
- 2017-03-11Knowledge for Sale The Neoliberal Takeover of Higher Education (Infrastructures)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Knowledge for What: The Place of Social Science in American Culture (Princeton Legacy Library)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Not for Sale: The Return of the Global Slave Trade - and How We Can Fight It [Audiobook]
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Getting to Graduation: The Completion Agenda in Higher Education
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Universities, Rankings and the Dynamics of Global Higher Education: Perspectives from Asia, Europe and North America
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Guidelines for open educational resources (OER) in higher education
- 2018-01-21[PDF] The Quigleys: Not for Sale (The Quigleys #2)
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Punishment for Sale: Private Prisons, Big Business, and the Incarceration Binge (Issues in Crime and Justice)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Science for Sale: How the US Government Uses Powerful Corporations and Leading Universities to Support Government Policies, Silence Top Scientists, Jeopardize Our Health, and Protect Corporate Profits
- 2017-12-10[PDF] Knowledge Sharing in the Integrated Enterprise: Interoperability Strategies for the Enterprise Architect (IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Bodies for Sale: Ethics and Exploitation in the Human Body Trade
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Knowledge in Action: The Search for Collaborative Research for Sustainable Landscape Development
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Knowledge for Whom?: Public Sociology in the Making (Public Intellectuals and the Sociology of Knowledge)
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Organs for Sale: An Ethnographic Examination of the International Organ Trade - Removed
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Bodies for Sale: Ethics and Exploitation in the Human Body Trade
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Knowledge Sharing in the Integrated Enterprise: Interoperability Strategies for the Enterprise Architect (IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology)
- 2012-01-13A Framework for K-12 Science Education: Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, and Core Ideas - Committee On Conceptual Framework For The New K-12 Science Education Standards
- 2018-03-11Girl for Sale: The shocking true story from the girl trafficked and abused by Oxford's evil sex ring
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Food for Africa: The Life and Work of a Scientist in GM Crops
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.