Posted on 2017-12-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David A. Kirby | Publisher: The MIT Press | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 280 | ISBN: 0262014785 | ISBN13: 9780262014786 |
Description: Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey, released in 1968, is perhaps the most scientifically accurate film ever produced. The film presented such a plausible, realistic vision of space flight that many moon hoax proponents believe that Kubrick staged the 1969 moon landing using the same studios and techniques. Kubrick's scientific verisimilitude in 2001 came courtesy of his science consultants including two former NASA scientists and the more than sixty-five companies, research organizations, and government agencies that offered technical advice. Although most filmmakers don't consult experts as extensively as Kubrick did, films ranging from A Beautiful Mind and Contact to Finding Nemo and The Hulk have achieved some degree of scientific credibility because of science consultants. I n Lab Coats in Hollywood, David Kirby examines the interaction of science and cinema: how science consultants make movie science plausible, how filmmakers negotiate scientific accuracy within production constraints, and how movies affect popular perceptions of science. Drawing on interviews and archival material, Kirby examines such science consulting tasks as fact checking and shaping visual iconography. Kirby finds that cinema can influence science as well: Depictions of science in popular films can promote research agendas, stimulate technological development, and even stir citizens into political action.
Lab Coats in Hollywood: Science, Scientists, and Cinema.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33967
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Lab Coats in Hollywood: Science, Scientists, and Cinema
- 2013-01-04Lab Coats in Hollywood - Science, Scientists, and Cinema
- 2011-11-06Lab Coats in Hollywood: Science, Scientists, and Cinema
- 2011-10-25David A. Kirby, "Lab Coats in Hollywood: Science, Scientists, and Cinema"
- 2011-10-18Lab Coats in Hollywood: Science, Scientists, and Cinema
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Lab-on-Chips for Cellomics: Micro and Nanotechnologies for Life Science
- 2012-01-12U.S. and International Perspectives on Global Science Policy and Science Diplomacy
- 2011-12-19Improving the Design of the Scientists and Engineers Statistical Data System (SESTAT)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Advanced Civil Infrastructure Materials: Science, Mechanics and Applications (Woodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] The Eclipse of Morality: Science, State, and Market (Sociological Imagination & Structural Change S)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Lost White Tribe: Explorers, Scientists, and the Theory that Changed a Continent
- 2018-01-22[PDF] How to Program: Computer Science Concepts and Python Exercises
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Food B.S.: Where Science, Sanity, and Satire Collide
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Handbook of Essential Oils: Science, Technology, and Applications
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Applicable Mathematics: A Course for Scientists and Engineers
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Building a Modern Japan: Science, Technology, and Medicine in the Meiji Era and Beyond - Removed
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Nanocolloids: A Meeting Point for Scientists and Technologists
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Chemical Sensors: An Introduction for Scientists and Engineers - Removed
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Fluid Waste Disposal (Environmental Science, Engineering and Technology)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.