[PDF] Lectures on Dynamical Systems: Hamiltonian Vector Fields and Symplectic Capacities (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics)
Posted on 2017-12-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Eduard Zehnder | Publisher: European Mathematical Society | Category: Mathematics | Language: English | Page: 363 | ISBN: 3037190817 | ISBN13: 9783037190814 |
Description: This book originated from an introductory lecture course on dynamical systems given by the author for advanced students in mathematics and physics at ETH Zurich. The first part centers around unstable and chaotic phenomena caused by the occurrence of homoclinic points. The existence of homoclinic points complicates the orbit structure considerably and gives rise to invariant hyperbolic sets nearby. The orbit structure in such sets is analyzed by means of the shadowing lemma, whose proof is based on the contraction principle. This lemma is also used to prove S. Smale's theorem about the embedding of Bernoulli systems near homoclinic orbits. The chaotic behavior is illustrated in the simple mechanical model of a periodically perturbed mathematical pendulum. The second part of the book is devoted to Hamiltonian systems. The Hamiltonian formalism is developed in the elegant language of the exterior calculus. The theorem of V. Arnold and R. Jost shows that the solutions of Hamiltonian systems which possess sufficiently many integrals of motion can be written down explicitly and for all times. The existence proofs of global periodic orbits of Hamiltonian systems on symplectic manifolds are based on a variational principle for the old action functional of classical mechanics. The necessary tools from variational calculus are developed. There is an intimate relation between the periodic orbits of Hamiltonian systems and a class of symplectic invariants called symplectic capacities. From these symplectic invariants one derives surprising symplectic rigidity phenomena. This allows a first glimpse of the fast developing new field of symplectic topology. A publication of the European Mathematical Society (EMS). Distributed within the Americas by the American Mathematical Society.
Lectures on Dynamical Systems: Hamiltonian Vector Fields and Symplectic Capacities (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34423
- 2011-09-28Lectures on Dynamical Systems: Hamiltonian Vector Fields and Symplectic Capacities (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2011-03-01Lectures on Dynamical Systems: Hamiltonian Vector Fields and Symplectic Capacities
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Dynamical Systems:Differential Equations, Maps and Chaotic Behavior (Chapman Hall/Crc Mathematics Series)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Dynamical Systems:Differential Equations, Maps and Chaotic Behavior (Chapman Hall/Crc Mathematics Series)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Diffusion Processes and Stochastic Calculus (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Differential-Algebraic Equations: Analysis and Numerical Solution (EMS Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2010-12-25Lectures on Curves, Surfaces and Projective Varieties (Ems Textbooks in Mathematics)
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems, and Bifurcations of Vector Fields (Applied Mathematical Sciences)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems, and Bifurcations of Vector Fields (Applied Mathematical Sciences)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Infinite Dimensional Dynamical Systems (Fields Institute Communications)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Stability and Control of Large-Scale Dynamical Systems: A Vector Dissipative Systems Approach (Princeton Series in Applied Mathematics)
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Six Lectures on Dynamical Systems
- 2012-03-11Entropy in Dynamical Systems By Tomasz Downarowicz
- 2019-06-25Lectures on Dynamical Systems, Structural Stability and Their Applications
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Integrability of Dynamical Systems: Algebra and Analysis (Developments in Mathematics)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Structure of Dynamical Systems: A Symplectic View of Physics (Progress in Mathematics) - Removed
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Dynamical Systems, Wave-Based Computation and Neuro-Inspired Robots (CISM International Centre for Mechanical Sciences) - Removed
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Entropy in Dynamical Systems (New Mathematical Monographs)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Differential Equations, Dynamical Systems, and Linear Algebra (Pure and Applied Mathematics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.