Posted on 2017-11-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Linda Mulcahy | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Architecture | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 041561869X | ISBN13: 9780415618694 |
Description: Legal Architecture addresses how the environment of the trial can be seen as a physical expression of our relationship with ideals of justice. It provides an alternative account of the trial, which charts the troubled history of notions of due process and participation. In contrast to visions of judicial space as neutral, Linda Mulcahy argues that understanding the factors that determine the internal design of the courthouse and courtroom are crucial to a broader and more nuanced understanding of the trial. Partitioning of the courtroom into zones and the restriction of movement within it are the result of turf wars about who can legitimately participate in the legal arena and call the judiciary to account. The gradual containment of the public, the increasing amount of space allocated to advocates, and the creation of dedicated space for journalists and the jury, all have complex histories that deserve attention. But these issues are not only of historical significance. Across jurisdictions, questions are now being asked about the internal configurations of the courthouse and courtroom, and whether standard designs meet the needs of modern participatory democracies: including questions about the presence and design of the modern dock the ways in which new technologies threaten to change the dynamics of the trial and lead to the dematerialization of our primary site of adversarial practice and the extent to which courthouses are designed in ways which realise their professed status as public spaces. This fascinating and original reflection on legal architecture will be of interest to socio-legal or critical scholars working in the field of legal geography, legal history, criminology, legal systems, legal method, evidence, human rights and architecture.
Legal Architecture: Justice, Due Process and the Place of Law.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33391
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Legal Architecture: Justice, Due Process and the Place of Law
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Color-Blind Justice: Albion Tourgee and the Quest for Racial Equality from the Civil War to Plessy v. Ferguson
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Color-Blind Justice: Albion Tourgee and the Quest for Racial Equality from the Civil War to Plessy v. Ferguson
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Longing for Nothingness: Resistance, Denial, and the Place of Death in the Nursing Home
- 2019-07-25!@(Nice) - Why You Should Read Doing Justice: A Prosecutor's Thoughts on Crime, Punishment, and the Rule of Law by Preet Bharara Online or Download [#PDF #EPUB #MOBI]
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Comparative Regional Integration: Governance and Legal Models (Integration through Law:The Role of Law and the Rule of Law in ASEAN Integration)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] A Paradigm for Decentralized Process Modeling (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Justice, Legality and the Rule of Law: Lessons from the Pitcairn Prosecutions
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Software Architecture in Action: Designing and Executing Architectural Models with SysADL Grounded on the OMG SysML Standard (Undergraduate Topics in Computer Science) - Removed
- 2017-12-28[PDF] New Critical Legal Thinking: Law and the Political (Birkbeck Law Press)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Worse than Slavery: Parchman Farm and the Ordeal of Jim Crow Justice
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Cultivating Food Justice: Race, Class, and Sustainability (Food, Health, and the Environment)
- 2017-12-16[PDF] The Structure of Liberty: Justice and the Rule of Law
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Law, Liberty, and the Rule of Law (Ius Gentium: Comparative Perspectives on Law and Justice)
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Due Diligence and the Business Transaction: Getting a Deal Done - Removed
- 2017-11-18[PDF] Performance-Oriented Architecture: Rethinking Architectural Design and the Built Environment
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Counter-Terrorism, Human Rights and the Rule of Law: Crossing Legal Boundaries in Defence of the State
- 2017-11-15[PDF] No Mercy Here: Gender, Punishment, and the Making of Jim Crow Modernity (Justice, Power, and Politics)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] A Troubled Marriage: Domestic Violence and the Legal System
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.