Posted on 2018-01-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Chris Heffer, Frances Rock and John Conley | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 352 | ISBN: 0199746842 | ISBN13: 9780199746842 |
Description: This volume responds to a growing interest in the language of legal settings by situating the study of language and law within contemporary theoretical debates in discourse studies, linguistic anthropology, and sociolinguistics. The chapters in the collection explore many of the common occasions when those acting on behalf of the legal system, such as the police, lawyers and judges, interact with those coming into contact with the legal system, such as suspects and witnesses. However the chapters do this work through the conceptual lens of 'textual travel', or the way that texts move across space and time and are transformed along the way. Collectively, notions of textual travel shed new light on the ways in which texts can influence, and are influenced by, social and legal life. With contributions from leading experts in language and law, Legal-Lay Communication explores such 'textual travel' themes as the mediating role of technologies in the investigatory stages of the legal process, the centrality of intertextuality in the legal construction of cases in court, the transformative effects of recontextualization in processes of judicial decision-making, and the way that processes of textual travel disturb the apparent permanence of legal categorization. The book challenges both the notion of legal text as a static repository of meaning and the very idea of legal-lay or lay-legal communication.
Legal-Lay Communication: Textual Travels in the Law (Oxford Studies in Sociolinguistics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35330
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Legal Research: How to Find & Understand the Law
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Multilingualism and the Periphery (Oxford Studies in Sociolinguistics)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] A Guide to Oral History and the Law (Oxford Oral History)
- 2017-01-10[PDF] A Guide to Oral History and the Law (Oxford Oral History)
- 2018-01-25[PDF] The Formation and Transmission of Western Legal Culture: 150 Books that Made the Law in the Age of Printing (Studies in the History of Law and Justice) - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Turn Right at Orion: Travels Through the Cosmos
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Legal Architecture: Justice, Due Process and the Place of Law
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Legal & Financial Aspects of Architectural Conservation: The Smolenice Castle Conference Central Europe
- 2017-10-24[PDF] Philosophy of Communication Ethics: Alterity and the Other
- 2017-10-23[PDF] From Souk to Souk: Travels Through the Middle East
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Legal Ways To Get Revenge On The Dating Scammer And Take All The Money Back!: How Much Do You Hate Liars?
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Legal Architecture: Justice, Due Process and the Place of Law
- 2018-11-28Legal Research How to Find & Understand the Law, 18th Edition
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Digital Kenya: An Entrepreneurial Revolution in the Making (Palgrave Studies of Entrepreneurship in Africa)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Landscapes of Power: Selected Papers from the XV Oxford University Byzantine Society International Graduate Conference (Byzantine and Neohellenic Studies)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Aid Under Fire: Nation Building and the Vietnam War (Studies In Conflict Diplomacy Peace)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Paper Sovereigns: Anglo-Native Treaties and the Law of Nations, 1604-1664
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Lincoln on Trial: Southern Civilians and the Law of War
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Jack Canfield's Key to Living the Law of Attraction: A Simple Guide to Creating the Life of Your Dreams
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.