[PDF] Life Streams: Alberto Rey's Cuban and American Art (SUNY Series in Latin American and Iberian Thought and Culture (Paperback)
Posted on 2017-11-02, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Lynette M. F. Bosch, Mark Denaci | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 267 | ISBN: 1438450567 | ISBN13: 9781438450568 |
Description: Life Streams explores the paintings, videos, sculptures, and installations of Alberto Rey, an artist whose work addresses issues of identity, cultural diversity, environmental studies, and global sustainability. As a Cuban-born artist living in western New York State, Reyâ€™s current work emphasizes his involvement with his community and its local landscape, especially its trout streams and their surrounding environment. Through Reyâ€™s travels from his home in the upstate New York village of Fredonia to the Caribbean, Latin America, Europe, and to almost every state in the United States, he has gained an understanding of people, places, flora, and fauna. This book provides biographical information about Rey and a contextual study of his work. The contributors have written about Reyâ€™s work from perspectives based on cultural studies, identity studies, literary studies, and philosophical studies. Interest in his Cuban and American identities are linked to his interest in global culture and his recent study of fish species and environmental issues. As such, this book reflects current approaches that focus attention on connected cultural issues and contemporary concerns about the environment, conservation, restoration, and preservation. Reyâ€™s work provides a new perspective on these topics as he combines art with activism on a local, regional, national, and international level. â€œThis beautiful book, with its meticulously researched essays, firmly places Alberto Rey in the context of American contemporary art as someone addressing issues of identity, hybridity, environmental ethics, biological decay, and resurrection. Like his trout subjects (Pacific coastal migratory fish introduced to the Great Lakes), he is a transplant, a hybrid. He is influenced by his many global travels, which, injected into his work, further supply the richness and texture that make him such an original artist.â€ â€” James Prosek Lynette M. F. Bosch is Professor of Art History at the State University of New York at Geneseo and the coeditor (with Isabel Alvarez Borland) of Cuban-American Literature and Art: Negotiating Identities, also published by SUNY Press.
Life Streams: Alberto Rey's Cuban and American Art (SUNY Series in Latin American and Iberian Thought and Culture (Paperback).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33041
- 2011-10-11College of Chinese Language and Culture, ' (Mandarin Chinese Language), Book 1
- 2012-01-17Kick Boxing Light Contact (Italian) - Alberto Zurma, Fulvio Marzatico And Massimo Negro
- 2011-12-28Kick Boxing Light Contact (Italian) - Alberto Zurma, Fulvio Marzatico And Massimo Negro
- 2011-12-19Kick Boxing Light Contact (Italian) - Alberto Zurma, Fulvio Marzatico And Massimo Negro
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Emperor Yang of the Sui Dynasty: His Life, Times, And Legacy (Suny Series in Chinese Philosophy Ans Culture) (SUNY Series in Chinese Philosophy and Culture (Paperback))
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Life Promises for Leaders: Inspirational Scriptures and Devotional Thoughts
- 2017-12-17[PDF] Life Real Loud: John Lefebvre, Neteller and the Revolution in Online Gambling
- 2017-11-04[PDF] The Discursive Construction of the Scots Language: Education, politics and everyday life (Discourse Approaches to Politics, Society and Culture)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Life Insurance In India: Opportunities, Challenges and Strategic Perspective (Response Books)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Suffering Witness: The Quandary of Responsibility after the Irreparable (SUNY series in Aesthetics and the Philosophy of Art)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Cattle of the Sun: Cows and Culture in the World of the Ancient Greeks
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Victorian Investments: New Perspectives on Finance and Culture
- 2018-01-28[PDF] IP Telephony Basics, Technology, Operation, Economics, and Services Paperback - June, 2004
- 2018-01-25[PDF] Painting Modernism (Suny Series in Latin American and Iberian Thought and Culture)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Mysteries Of The Hopewell (Ohio History and Culture)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Contingency and Commitment: Mexican Existentialism and the Place of Philosophy (SUNY Series in Latin American and Iberian Thought and Culture)
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Crowning the Nice Girl: Gender, Ethnicity, and Culture in Hawai'i's Cherry Blossom Festival
- 2018-01-19[PDF] The Blackwell Companion to the Bible and Culture
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Language Wars: The Role of Media and Culture in Global Terror and Poliyical Violence
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.