Posted on 2017-11-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Satish Chandra | Publisher: William Andrew | Category: Civil Engineering | Language: English | Page: 450 | ISBN: 0815514867 | ISBN13: 9780815514862 |
Description: In spite of the increasing use and demand for lightweight aggregate concrete (LWAC), there is still a lack of adequate explanations to understand the mechanisms responsible for the strength and durability properties of LWAC. This book is written to give an overall picture of LWAC, from the historical background, aggregate production, proportioning and production of concrete, to applications in structures. Physical properties and chemical durability are described in detail. The physical properties include density, strength, shrinkage, and elasticity. Chemical durability includes resistance to acids, chloride ingress, carbonation, and freeze-thaw resistance. Fire resistance is also included, which is seldom considered, but is a very important aspect of the safety of the structure. Microstructure development and its relation to the durability properties of LWAC generally are not highlighted in the literature. The development of bonds, the microstructure with different binder systems, and different types of lightweight aggregates are explained. They show how lightweight aggregate concrete differs from normal weight concrete. The chapters on chloride ingress and freeze-thaw resistance are detailed because of the use of LWAC in offshore construction. The economical aspects of using LWAC are also reviewed. Emphasis is placed on the fact that although the cost of LWAC is high, the total cost of construction has to be considered, including the cost of transport, reinforcement, etc. When these are considered then LWAC becomes cheaper and attractive. The life cycle cost of the concrete is another consideration for calculating long-term savings on maintenance costs.
Lightweight Aggregate Concrete.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33463
- 2010-10-30Lightweight Aggregate Concrete (RePost)
- 2010-01-29Lightweight Aggregate Concrete
- 2009-10-24Lightweight Aggregate Concrete
- 2008-04-23Lightweight Aggregate Concrete
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Alkali-Aggregate Reaction and Structural Damage to Concrete: Engineering Assessment, Repair and Management
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Recycled Aggregate in Concrete: Use of Industrial, Construction and Demolition Waste
- 2017-10-14[PDF] A Conceptual Model for Designing Recycled Aggregate Concrete for Structural Applications
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Alkali-Aggregate Reaction and Structural Damage to Concrete: Engineering Assessment, Repair and Management
- 2012-01-08Lightweight Aggregate Optimizes the Sustainability of Concrete,
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Durability of Concrete and Cement Composites
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Lightweight Cryptography for Security and Privacy: 5th International Workshop, LightSec 2016, Aksaray, Turkey, September 21-22, 2016, Revised Selected Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] FIB 44: Concrete structure management - Guide to ownership and good practice
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Earthquake Resistant Concrete Structures
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Composite Reinforced Concrete
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Advances in Concrete Slab Technology 1979: Proceedings
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Challenges of Concrete Construction: Volume 3 - Repair, Rejuvenation and Enhancement of Concrete
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Lightweight Location Lighting (2012)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Challenges of Concrete Construction: Concrete for Extreme Conditions
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Masonry and Concrete
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.