Posted on 2017-11-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Satish Chandra | Publisher: William Andrew | Category: Civil Engineering | Language: English | Page: 450 | ISBN: 0815514867 | ISBN13: 9780815514862 |
Description: In spite of the increasing use and demand for lightweight aggregate concrete (LWAC), there is still a lack of adequate explanations to understand the mechanisms responsible for the strength and durability properties of LWAC. This book is written to give an overall picture of LWAC, from the historical background, aggregate production, proportioning and production of concrete, to applications in structures. Physical properties and chemical durability are described in detail. The physical properties include density, strength, shrinkage, and elasticity. Chemical durability includes resistance to acids, chloride ingress, carbonation, and freeze-thaw resistance. Fire resistance is also included, which is seldom considered, but is a very important aspect of the safety of the structure. Microstructure development and its relation to the durability properties of LWAC generally are not highlighted in the literature. The development of bonds, the microstructure with different binder systems, and different types of lightweight aggregates are explained. They show how lightweight aggregate concrete differs from normal weight concrete. The chapters on chloride ingress and freeze-thaw resistance are detailed because of the use of LWAC in offshore construction. The economical aspects of using LWAC are also reviewed. Emphasis is placed on the fact that although the cost of LWAC is high, the total cost of construction has to be considered, including the cost of transport, reinforcement, etc. When these are considered then LWAC becomes cheaper and attractive. The life cycle cost of the concrete is another consideration for calculating long-term savings on maintenance costs.
Lightweight Aggregate Concrete.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33463
- 2010-10-30Lightweight Aggregate Concrete (RePost)
- 2010-01-29Lightweight Aggregate Concrete
- 2009-10-24Lightweight Aggregate Concrete
- 2008-04-23Lightweight Aggregate Concrete
- 2017-10-14[PDF] A Conceptual Model for Designing Recycled Aggregate Concrete for Structural Applications
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Alkali-Aggregate Reaction and Structural Damage to Concrete: Engineering Assessment, Repair and Management
- 2012-01-08Lightweight Aggregate Optimizes the Sustainability of Concrete,
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Creating with Concrete and Mosaic: Fun and Decorative Ideas for Your Home and Garden
- 2017-11-14[PDF] Anchorage in Concrete Construction
- 2017-11-13[PDF] Lightweight Composite Structures in Transport: Design, Manufacturing, Analysis and Performance
- 2017-11-11[PDF] Challenges of Concrete Construction: Volume 5 - Sustainable Concrete Construction
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Guidelines for Concrete Mixtures Containing Supplementary Cementitious Materials to Enhance Durability of Bridge Decks
- 2017-11-06[PDF] Supervision of Concrete Construction 1 (Viewpoint Publication Series Volume 1)
- 2017-11-04[PDF] Lightweight Landscape: Enhancing Design through Minimal Mass Structures (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] BRICKFORM - Coloured Concrete Construction Source
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Companion to Concrete Mathematics (Pure & Applied Mathematics S.), Vol. 1
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Bio-aggregate-based Building Materials: Applications to Hemp Concretes
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Self Compacting Concrete
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Lightweight Cryptography for Security and Privacy: 2nd International Workshop, LightSec 2013, Gebze, Turkey, May 6-7, 2013, Revised Selected Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.