Posted on 2018-02-01, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Nicholas Mason | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 216 | ISBN: 1421409984 | ISBN13: 9781421409986 |
Description: Literary Advertising and the Shaping of British Romanticism investigates the entwined histories of the advertising industry and the gradual commodification of literature over the course of the Romantic Century (1750â€“1850). In this engaging and detailed study, Nicholas Mason argues that the seemingly antagonistic arenas of marketing and literature share a common genealogy and, in many instances, even a symbiotic relationship. Drawing from archival materials such as publishers' account books, merchants' trade cards, and authors' letters, Mason traces the beginnings of many familiar modern advertising methods?including product placement, limited-time offers, and journalistic puffery?to the British book trade during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Until now, Romantic scholars have not fully recognized advertisingâ€™s cultural significance or the importance of this period in the origins of modern advertising. Mason explores Lord Byronâ€™s appropriation of branding, Letitia Elizabeth Landonâ€™s experiments in visual marketing, and late-Romantic debates over advertising's claim to be a new branch of the literary arts. Mason uses the antics of Romantic-era advertising to illustrate the profound implications of commercial modernity, both in economic practices governing the book trade and, more broadly, in the development of the modern idea of literature.
Literary Advertising and the Shaping of British Romanticism.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35854
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Literary Studies and the Philosophy of Literature: New Interdisciplinary Directions
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Literary Coteries and the Making of Modern Print Culture: 1740-1790
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Christian Ritual and the Creation of British Slave Societies, 1650-1780 (Race in the Atlantic World, 1700-1900 Ser.)
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Race, Nationalism and the State in British and American Modernism
- 2017-12-07[PDF] Literary Studies and the Pursuits of Reading (Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Literary Texts and the Greek Historian (Approaching the Ancient World)
- 2017-02-10[PDF] Literary Texts and the Greek Historian (Approaching the Ancient World)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] American Writers and the Approach of World War II, 1935-1941: A Literary History
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Popular Politics and the English Reformation (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Manuscript Circulation and the Invention of Politics in Early Stuart England (Cambridge Studies in Early Modern British History)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Black Experience and the Empire (Oxford History of the British Empire Companion)
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Indian Society and the Making of the British Empire (7th edition)
- 2018-01-07[PDF] The Collapse of Mechanism and the Rise of Sensibility: Science and the Shaping of Modernity, 1680-1760
- 2018-01-07[PDF] How Ancient Europeans Saw the World: Vision, Patterns, and the Shaping of the Mind in Prehistoric Times
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The History Thieves: Secrets, Lies and the Shaping of a Modern Nation
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Reading the Beatles: Cultural Studies, Literary Criticism, And the Fab Four
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Aesthetic Afterlives: Irony, Literary Modernity and the Ends of Beauty
- 2017-12-26[PDF] 1968 In America: Music, Politics, Chaos, Counterculture, and the Shaping of a Generation
- 2017-12-22[PDF] Untouchable Fictions: Literary Realism and the Crisis of Caste
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.