Posted on 2017-11-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Norman S. Poser | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 432 | ISBN: 0773541837 | ISBN13: 9780773541832 |
Description: 0773545328 In the first modern biography of Lord Mansfield (1705-1793), Norman Poser details the turbulent political life of eighteenth-century Britain's most powerful judge, serving as chief justice for an unprecedented thirty-two years. His legal decisions launched England on the path to abolishing slavery and the slave trade, modernized commercial law in ways that helped establish Britain as the world's leading industrial and trading nation, and his vigorous opposition to the American colonists stoked Revolutionary fires. Although his father and brother were Jacobite rebels loyal to the deposed King James II, Mansfield was able to rise through English society to become a member of its ruling aristocracy and a confidential advisor to two kings. Poser sets Mansfield's rulings in historical context while delving into Mansfield's circle, which included poets (Alexander Pope described him as "his country's pride"), artists, actors, clergymen, noblemen and women, and politicians. Still celebrated for his application of common sense and moral values to the formal and complicated English common law system, Mansfield brought a practical and humanistic approach to the law. His decisions continue to influence the legal systems of Canada, Britain, and the United States to an extent unmatched by any judge of the past. An illuminating account of one of the greatest legal minds, Lord Mansfield presents a vibrant look at Britain's Age of Reason through one of its central figures.
Lord Mansfield: Justice in the Age of Reason.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33715
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Imperial Nature: The World Bank and Struggles for Social Justice in the Age of Globalization (Yale Agrarian Studies Series)
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Imperial Nature: The World Bank and Struggles for Social Justice in the Age of Globalization (Yale Agrarian Studies Series)
- 2019-02-05Imperial Nature: The World Bank and Struggles for Social Justice in the Age of Globalization
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Crime, Criminal Justice, and the Evolving Science of Criminology in South Asia: India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh (Palgrave Advances in Criminology and Criminal Justice in Asia) - Removed
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Flow TV: Television in the Age of Media Convergence
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Bullspotting: Finding Facts in the Age of Misinformation
- 2018-01-17[PDF] American Enlightenments: Pursuing Happiness in the Age of Reason (The Lewis Walpole Series in Eighteenth-Century Culture and History)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] A Calculus of Angels (The Age of Unreason, Book 2)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] International Criminal Justice and the Politics of Compliance
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Dark Side of the Enlightenment: Wizards, Alchemists, and Spiritual Seekers in the Age of Reason
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Push Back: Guilt in the Age of Natural Parenting
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Ballet and Opera in the Age of Giselle
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Alternative Chinese Opera in the Age of Globalization: Performing Zero (Studies in International Performance)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Law and Justice in the Courts of Classical Athens
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Managing Environmental Justice. (At the Interface / Probing the Boundaries)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Intimacy and Sexuality in the Age of Shakespeare
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Airy Nothings: Imagining the Otherworld of Faerie from the Middle Ages to the Age of Reason
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Grounding Globalization: Labour in the Age of Insecurity
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Psychedelic Information Theory: Shamanism in the Age of Reason
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.