Posted on 2017-10-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Aaron Edwards | Publisher: Mainstream Publishing | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 1780576285 | ISBN13: 9781780576282 |
Description: Aden, 20 June 1967: two army Land Rovers burn ferociously in the midday sun. The bodies of nine British soldiers litter the road. Thick black smoke bellows above Crater town, home to insurgents who are fighting the British-backed Federation government. Crater had come to symbolise Arab nationalist defiance in the face of the world's most powerful empire. Hovering 2,000 ft. above the smouldering destruction, a tiny Scout helicopter surveys the scene. Its passenger is the recently arrived Commanding Officer of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, Lieutenant-Colonel Colin Mitchell. Soon the world's media would christen him 'Mad Mitch', in recognition of his controversial reoccupation of Crater two weeks later. Mad Mitch was truly a man out of his time. Supremely self-confident and debonair, he was an empire builder, not dismantler, and railed against the national malaise he felt had gripped Britain's political establishment. Drawing on a wide array of never-before-seen archival sources and eyewitness testimonies, Mad Mitch's Tribal Law tells the remarkable story of inspiring leadership, loyalty and betrayal in the final days of British Empire. It is, above all, a shocking account of Britain's forgotten war on terror.
Mad Mitch's Tribal Law: Aden and the End of the Empire.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32681
- 2017-10-23[PDF] Mad Mitch's Tribal Law: Aden and the End of the Empire
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Street Art, Public City: Law, Crime and the Urban Imagination
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Street Art, Public City: Law, Crime and the Urban Imagination
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Contemporary Maritime Piracy: International Law, Strategy, and Diplomacy at Sea (Praeger Security International)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Special Issue: Who Belongs? Immigration, Citizenship, and the Constitution of Legality (Studies in Law, Politics, and Society)
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Principles of European Tort Law: Text and Commentary
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Making the Modern American Fiscal State: Law, Politics, and the Rise of Progressive Taxation, 1877-1929
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Justice Perverted: Sex Offense Law, Psychology, and Public Policy
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Mad About Modern Physics: Braintwisters, Paradoxes, and Curiosities
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Business Ethics in the Social Context: Law, Profits, and the Evolving Moral Practice of Business (SpringerBriefs in Ethics) - Removed
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Roberto Esposito: Law, Community and the Political (Nomikoi Critical Legal Thinkers)
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Final Judgment: The Last Law Lords and the Supreme Court
- 2017-12-02[PDF] General Defences in Criminal Law: Domestic and Comparative Perspectives (Substantive Issues in Criminal Law)
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Law, Liberty and the Constitution
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Ironies of Colonial Governance: Law, Custom and Justice in Colonial India
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Law, Liberty, and the Rule of Law (Ius Gentium: Comparative Perspectives on Law and Justice)
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Americans, Germans, and War Crimes Justice: Law, Memory, and 'The Good War'
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Challenging Boardroom Homogeneity: Corporate Law, Governance, and Diversity
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Marriage in Medieval England: Law, Literature and Practice
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.