Posted on 2017-10-06, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Steven Groarke | Publisher: Routledge | Category: Psychology | Language: English | Page: 264 | ISBN: 0415692199 | ISBN13: 9780415692199 |
Description: An inherent tension exists in the history of psychoanalysis and its applications between the concepts of freedom and security. In Managed Lives, this tension is explored from the point of view of therapeutic experience. Set against the background of Freuds contested legacy, the book examines ways of managing oneself under psychiatric supervision, in the analytic encounter and in the emotional and moral contexts of everyday life. Through a series of detailed case studies Steven Groarke addresses therapeutic experience as a formation of managed society, examining the work of Donald Winnicott on types of management, Colin Murray Parkes on bereavement and Anthony Giddens on the sociological appropriation of psychoanalysis. Managed Lives forms an original critical analysis of contemporary managerial culture and its self-reflexive project as well as presenting the idea of management as a source of inner security and vital morality. Presented in three parts, the book addresses: The Criterion of Maturity The Reflexive Norm The Managed Society Together, the books arguments provide a fresh and challenging perspective on post-Freudian uses of faith, the risks of critical rationality and the difficulties of living an ethical life under modern conditions. Managed Lives is ideal for academics and research students working on psychoanalytic studies, social theory and mental health studies as well as students and trainees taking courses in psychotherapy, counselling, social work and health and social care.
Managed Lives: Psychoanalysis, inner security and the social order.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32111
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Managed Lives: Psychoanalysis, inner security and the social order
- 2017-11-08[PDF] Attachment Security and the Social World
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Ethical Imperialism: Institutional Review Boards and the Social Sciences, 1965-2009
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Religion in Times of Crisis (Religion and the Social Order)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Routledge Philosophy GuideBook to Rousseau and the Social Contract
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Powers and Prospects: Reflections on Nature and the Social Order
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Coalitions across Borders: Transnational Protest and the Neoliberal Order (People, Passions, and Power: Social Movements, Interest Organizations, and the P)
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Religious and Sexual Nationalisms in Central and Eastern Europe: Gods, Gays and Governments (Religion and the Social Order)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics, Finance and the Social Sciences: Essays in Honour of John Barkley Rosser Jr
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Routledge Philosophy GuideBook to Rousseau and the Social Contract
- 2017-07-08Powers and Prospects: Reflections on Human Nature and the Social Order
- 2014-02-10Literacy and the Social Order: Reading and Writing in Tudor and Stuart England (Repost)
- 2014-01-06Concepts and the Social Order-Robert K. Merton and the Future of Sociology - eazydoc.com
- 2013-06-08Evans John, Environmental Archaeology and the Social Order (Repost)
- 2013-02-15From Puritan to Yankee: Character and the Social Order in Connecticut, 1690-1765 (repost)
- 2012-01-11History, Time, Meaning, and Memory. (Religion and the Social Order) - Barbara Jones Denison
- 2012-01-10History, Time, Meaning, and Memory. (Religion and the Social Order) - Barbara Jones Denison
- 2011-12-13Toward a Sociological Theory of Religion and Health (Religion and the Social Order) - Anthony J. Blasi
- 2011-12-10Toward a Sociological Theory of Religion and Health (Religion and the Social Order) - Anthony J. Blasi
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.