Posted on 2017-04-09, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Claude A. Piantadosi | Publisher: Columbia University Press | Category: Astronomy and Cosmology | Language: English | Page: 336 | ISBN: 0231162421 | ISBN13: 9780231162425 |
Description: Seeking to reenergize Americans' passion for the space program, the value of further exploration of the Moon, and the importance of human beings on the final frontier, Claude A. Piantadosi presents a rich history of American space exploration and its major achievements. He emphasizes the importance of reclaiming national command of our manned program and continuing our unmanned space missions, and he stresses the many adventures that still await us in the unfolding universe. Acknowledging space exploration's practical and financial obstacles, Piantadosi challenges us to revitalize American leadership in space exploration in order to reap its scientific bounty. Piantadosi explains why space exploration, a captivating story of ambition, invention, and discovery, is also increasingly difficult and why space experts always seem to disagree. He argues that the future of the space program requires merging the practicalities of exploration with the constraints of human biology. Space science deals with the unknown, and the margin (and budget) for error is small. Lethal near-vacuum conditions, deadly cosmic radiation, microgravity, vast distances, and highly scattered resources remain immense physical problems. To forge ahead, America needs to develop affordable space transportation and flexible exploration strategies based in sound science. Piantadosi closes with suggestions for accomplishing these goals, combining his healthy skepticism as a scientist with an unshakable belief in space's untappedand wholly worthwhilepotential.
Mankind Beyond Earth: The History, Science, and Future of Human Space Exploration.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31382
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Mankind Beyond Earth: The History, Science, and Future of Human Space Exploration
- 2018-01-05[PDF] The Call of Everest: The History, Science, and Future of the World's Tallest Peak
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Astrobiology of Earth: The Emergence, Evolution and Future of Life on a Planet in Turmoil
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Astrobiology of Earth: The Emergence, Evolution and Future of Life on a Planet in Turmoil
- 2014-01-22The Call of Everest The History, Science, and Future of the World's Tallest Peak
- 2014-01-19The Call of Everest: The History, Science, and Future of the World's Tallest Peak - eazydoc.com
- 2014-01-11The Call of Everest: The History, Science, and Future of the World's Tallest Peak
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Sun Moon Earth: The History of Solar Eclipses from Omens of Doom to Einstein and Exoplanets [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Sun Moon Earth: The History of Solar Eclipses from Omens of Doom to Einstein and Exoplanets
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Moveable Feasts: The History, Science, and Lore of Food
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Fine Shotguns: The History, Science, and Art of the Finest Shotguns from Around the World
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Moveable Feasts: The History, Science, and Lore of Food
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Life Beyond Earth: The Search for Habitable Worlds in the Universe
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Romani in Contact: The history, structure and sociology of a language (Current Issues in Linguistic Theory)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Comic Books 101: The History, Methods and Madness
- 2017-12-01[PDF] What Makes Airplanes Fly? History, Science, and Applications of Aerodynamics (2nd edition)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] A View of the History, Literature, and Religion of the Hindoos: Including a Minute Description of their Manners and Customs, and Translations from ... (Cambridge Library Collection - Religion)
- 2012-05-31The Lost Art of Walking: The History, Science, and Literature of Pedestrianism - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.