Posted on 2017-11-17, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Stephen J. Shoemaker | Publisher: Yale University Press | Category: Religion Other | Language: English | Page: 304 | ISBN: 0300217218 | ISBN13: 9780300217216 |
Description: For the first time a noted historian of Christianity explores the full story of the emergence and development of the Marian cult in the early Christian centuries. The means by which Mary, mother of Jesus, came to prominence have long remained strangely overlooked despite, or perhaps because of, her centrality in Christian devotion. Gathering together fresh information from often neglected sources, including early liturgical texts and Dormition and Assumption apocrypha, Stephen Shoemaker reveals that Marian devotion played a far more vital role in the development of early Christian belief and practice than has been previously recognized, finding evidence that dates back to the latter half of the second century. Through extensive research, the author is able to provide a fascinating background to the hitherto inexplicable explosion of Marian devotion that historians and theologians have pondered for decades, offering a wide-ranging study that challenges many conventional beliefs surrounding the subject of Mary, Mother of God.
Mary in Early Christian Faith and Devotion.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33518
- 2017-01-16[PDF] Mary in Early Christian Faith and Devotion
- 2017-12-18[PDF] Studies in Early Christian Liturgy and Its Context (Collected Studies)
- 2017-11-21[PDF] Dust that Breathes: Christian Faith and the New Humanisms
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Drama of the Divine Economy: Creator and Creation in Early Christian Theology and Piety (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Early Christian Art and Architecture
- 2017-11-22[PDF] A Different Christianity: Early Christian Esotericism and Modern Thought (SU (Suny Series, Western Esoteric Traditions)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Early Christian Life and Thought in Social Context: A Reader (Biblical Seminar)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Community Building in the Shepherd of Hermas: A Critical Study of Some Key Aspects (Supplements to Vigiliae Christianae: Texts and Studies of Early Christian Life and Language)
- 2017-10-18[PDF] The Apostles in Early Christian Art and Poetry (Vigiliae Christianae, Supplements)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] From Jesus to the New Testament: Early Christian Theology and the Origin of the New Testament Canon (Baylor-Mohr Siebeck Studies in Early Christianity) (Baylor Mohr Siebeck Studies Early Christianity)
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Drama of the Divine Economy: Creator and Creation in Early Christian Theology and Piety (Oxford Early Christian Studies)
- 2018-10-14The Passionate Intellect Christian Faith and the Discipleship of the Mind
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Technology for Early Childhood Education and Socialization: Developmental Applications and Methodologies
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Genitives in Early English: Typology and Evidence
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Mary Berry's Traditional Puddings and Desserts: Gorgeous Classic Recipes to Treat Family and Friends
- 2018-01-04[PDF] American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War On America
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Surprised by Meaning: Science, Faith, and How We Make Sense of Things
- 2017-11-26[PDF] Bourdieu on Religion: Imposing Faith and Legitimacy (Key Thinkers in the Study of Religion)
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Polluting the Sacred: Violence, Faith and the 'Civilizing' of Parishioners in Late Medieval England (Later Medieval Europe)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.