Posted on 2017-10-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Frank Bosch | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 212 | ISBN: 1782386254 | ISBN13: 9781782386254 |
Description: "This is an excellent, wide-ranging, and expertly researched survey of the historical role of mass media in the Western world. It is original, concise, and well written, and provides a wealth of information that is not easily accessible elsewhere... [It] is held together by analytical questions on the role of mass media in mirroring and fostering cultural, social, economic, and political change... The breadth of the survey is admirable and so is its academic rigor." Â· Christina von Hodenberg, Queen Mary University of London Media influenced politics, culture, and everyday life long before the invention of the Internet. This book shows how the advent of new media has changed societies in modern history, focusing not on the specifics of technology but rather on their distribution, use, and impact. Using Germany as an example for international trends, it compares the advent of printing in Europe and East Asia, and the impact of the press on revolutions, nation building, and wars in North America and Europe. The rise of tabloids and film is discussed as an international phenomenon, as the importance of media during National Socialism is looked at in comparison with Fascist Italy and Spain. Finally, this book offers a precise analysis of media during the Cold War, with divided Germany providing the central case study. Frank Bosch is a Professor at the University of Potsdam and Director of the Center for Contemporary History. He is the author and editor of more than a dozen books on political, social, and media history, including Journalists as Political Actors: Transfers and Interactions Between Britain and Germany since the Late 19th Century (co-edited with Dominik Geppert, 2008) and Public History (co-edited with Constantin Goschler, 2009). He is also co-editor of the journal Zeithistorische Forschungen/Studies in Contemporary History.
Mass Media and Historical Change: Germany in International Perspective, 1400 to the Present.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32956
- 2019-06-26Mass Media and Historical Change Germany in International Perspective, 1400 to the Present
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Mass Media and the Genocide of the Armenians: One Hundred Years of Uncertain Representation (Palgrave Studies in the History of Genocide)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Priests, Prelates and People: A History of European Catholicism, 1750 to the Present (International Library of Historical Studies)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Modality, Subjectivity, and Semantic Change: A Cross-Linguistic Perspective (Oxford Linguistics)
- 2017-10-17[PDF] Tourism, Globalisation and Cultural Change: An Island Community Perspective (Tourism and Cultural Change)
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Gender, Lifespan and Quality of Life: An International Perspective (Social Indicators Research Series) - Removed
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Mechanisms, Symbols, and Models Underlying Cognition: First International Work-Conference on the Interplay Between Natural and Artificial Computation, ... Part I (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Love in the Time of Revolution: Transatlantic Literary Radicalism and Historical Change, 1793-1818 (Published for the Omohundro Institute of Early American History and Culture, Williamsburg, Virginia)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Formulaic Language, Vol. 1: Distribution and historical change (Typological Studies in Language)
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Pop Culture Freaks: Identity, Mass Media, and Society
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Parameter Theory and Linguistic Change (Oxford Studies in Diachronic Adn Historical Linguistics)
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Abortion Politics, Mass Media, and Social Movements in America
- 2017-12-01[PDF] Telecommunications, Mass Media, and Democracy: The Battle for the Control of U.S. Broadcasting, 1928-1935
- 2017-11-28[PDF] Mass Media: Coverage, Objectivity, and Changes (Media and Communications - Technologies, Policies and Challenges)
- 2017-10-21[PDF] The EU Foreign Policy Analysis: Democratic Legitimacy, Media, and Climate Change - Removed
- 2017-10-07[PDF] Popular Trials: Rhetoric, Mass Media, and the Law (Studies Rhetoric & Communicati)
- 2017-10-06[PDF] Genealogical Fictions: Cultural Periphery and Historical Change in the Modern Novel
- 2017-04-13[PDF] Media Sexploitation: The Hidden Implants in America's Mass Media and How They Program and Condition Your Subconscious Mind
- 2017-04-05[PDF] From the Dance Hall to Facebook: Teen Girls, Mass Media, and Moral Panic in the United States, 1905-2010
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.