Posted on 2017-12-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Howard Robinson | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 144 | ISBN: 0521114748 | ISBN13: 9780521114745 |
Description: The assumption of materialism (in its many forms) Howard Robinson believes is false. In his book he presents a very forceful critique of the modern forms that materialism has taken. In telling discussions of the theory of supervenience put forward by Davidson and Peacocke, the central state materialism attributable to Smart, Armstrong and others, Putnam's functionalism, and Rorty's disappearance theory, he shows that, whatever their local inconsistencies, these forms of materialism all overlook or quite inadequately explain elementary and unimpeachable intuitions about our own mental experiences. Robinson concludes with a consideration of the alternative views of the matter of which the mind is held to consist. These arguments will either serve to crystallise for the most part inchoate opposition to materialism among a number of philosophers, and will challenge its proponents to find a more secure defence for the basis of their view.
Matter and Sense: A Critique of Contemporary Materialism (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34562
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Common Sense: A Contemporary Defense (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Catholicism and Liberalism: Contributions to American Public Policy (Cambridge Studies in Religion and American Public Life)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Three Anarchical Fallacies: An Essay on Political Authority (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Law)
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Autocracy and Redistribution: The Politics of Land Reform (Cambridge Studies in Comparative Politics)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Permissible Killing: The Self-Defence Justification of Homicide (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Law)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Crime and Culpability: A Theory of Criminal Law (Cambridge Introductions to Philosophy and Law)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Literature and Heresy in the Age of Chaucer (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Literature)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Living with Uncertainty: The Moral Significance of Ignorance (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
- 2011-12-11Complexity and the Function of Mind in Nature (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology) - Peter Godfrey-Smith
- 2011-12-06Complexity and the Function of Mind in Nature (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology) - Peter Godfrey-Smith
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Matter and Consciousness: A Contemporary Introduction to the Philosophy of Mind
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Matter and Consciousness: A Contemporary Introduction to the Philosophy of Mind
- 2018-01-27[PDF] Kant and the Scandal of Philosophy: The Kantian Critique of Cartesian Scepticism (Toronto Studies in Philosophy)
- 2018-01-23[PDF] Matter and Energy: Principles of Matter and Thermodynamics (Secrets of the Universe)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Making Moral Sense: Beyond Habermas and Gauthier (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] Diagnosis and Management of Pituitary Disorders (Contemporary Endocrinology) - Removed
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Architecture and Modernity: A Critique (The MIT Press)
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Environmental and Natural Resource Economics: A Contemporary Approach
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Matter and Form in Early Modern Science and Philosophy (History of Science and Medicine Library / Scientific and Learned Cultures and Their Institutions)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.