Posted on 2017-12-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Miles J. Unger | Category: Art related | Language: English | Page: 448 | ISBN: 1451678746 | ISBN13: 9781451678741 |
Description: The life of one of the most revolutionary artists in history, told through the story of six of his greatest masterpieces. Among the immortals, Leonardo, Rembrandt, Picasso,. Michelangelo stands alone as a master of painting, sculpture, and architecture. He was not only the greatest artist in an age of giants, but a man who reinvented the practice of art itself. Throughout his long career he clashed with patrons by insisting that he had no master but his own demanding muse and promoting the novel idea that it was the artist, rather than the lord who paid for it, who was creative force behind the work. Miles Unger narrates the astonishing life of this driven and difficult man through six of his greatest masterpieces. Each work expanded the expressive range of the medium, from the Piet Michelangelo carved as a brash young man, to the apocalyptic Last Judgment, the work of an old man tested by personal trials. Throughout the course of his career he explored the full range of human possibility. In the gargantuan David he depicts Man in the glory of his youth, while in the tombs he carved for the Medici he offers a sustained meditation on death and the afterlife. In the Sistine Chapel ceiling he tells the epic story of Creation, from the perfection of God's initial procreative act to the corruption introduced by His imperfect children. In the final decades of his life, his hands too unsteady to wield the brush and chisel, he exercised his mind by raising the soaring vaults and dome of St. Peter's in a final tribute to his God. A work of deep artistic understanding, Miles Unger's Michelangelo brings to life the irascible, egotistical, and undeniably brilliant man whose artistry continues to amaze and inspire us after 500 years.
Michelangelo: A Life in Six Masterpieces.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34427
- 2018-12-28Michelangelo A Life in Six Masterpieces
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Michelangelo: His Life, His Times, His Era
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Michelangelo: His Epic Life
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The Mosaic Principle: The Six Dimensions of a Remarkable Life and Career [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The Mosaic Principle: The Six Dimensions of a Remarkable Life and Career
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Medicine's Michelangelo: The Life & Art of Frank H. Netter, MD
- 2017-12-10[PDF] The Abs Diet: The Six-Week Plan to Flatten Your Stomach and Keep You Lean for Life (Rodale Books)
- 2017-12-04[PDF] A Whole New You: Six Steps to Ignite Change for Your Best Life
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Retirement: Different by Design: Six Building Blocks Fundamentally Changing How Life After Work is Viewed, Planned For, and Lived
- 2019-03-06Balance Your Life: A Six-Week Plan for a Calmer, Healthier, Lighter You
- 2019-01-30Balance Your Life A Six-Week Plan for a Calmer, Healthier, Lighter You
- 2019-01-15Balance Your Life A Six-Week Plan for a Calmer, Healthier, Lighter You
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Meaning in Life
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Habits for Life: 9 Steps for Building Habits that Stick
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Old Master Life Drawings: 44 Plates (Dover Fine Art, History of Art)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Troubleshooting Your Life
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Trapped: My Life with Cerebral Palsy
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Inner Life of Cats [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.