Posted on 2017-01-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Bernd Balkenhol | Category: Finances and Money | Language: English | Page: 194 | ISBN: 0230547028 | ISBN13: 9780230547025 |
Description: Microfinance institutions (MFIs) provide a public good: they provide income-creating financial services to un-bankable people. If MFIs create and deepen markets where none existed before, there may be a case for public support. While subsidies are generally not favorably seen in financial sector development, being difficult to target and possibly distorting the local financial market, there may be situations where the net social benefits of micro-finance may exceed those of not doing anything and of alternative anti-poverty programs. Under such circumstances longer-term public support may be justifiable. This book is based on a study of forty-five MFIs carried out by ILO, in partnership with the Universities of Geneva and Cambridge. The application of factor analysis and cluster analysis shows that MFIs form clusters in terms of social and performance. Within each cluster there is one institution that is most efficient on both scores. Public support should ensure that the relative efficiency of MFIs is enhanced, it should not prod MFIs to modify their mission and position between poverty outreach and profitability.
Microfinance and Public Policy: Outreach, Performance and Efficiency.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 30399
- 2012-03-08Robert W. Orttung, A. S. Makarychev - National Counter-Terrorism Strategies: Legal, Institutional, and Public Policy Dimensions in the US, UK, France, Turkey and Russia - Removed
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Accountability in Public Policy Partnerships
- 2008-09-03[request]Business and Society: Stakeholders, Ethics and Public Policy
- 2017-04-14[PDF] Non-Profit Organizations: Real Issues for Public Administrators (ASPA Series in Public Administration and Public Policy)
- 2017-04-12[PDF] The Economic Viability of Micropolitan America (Public Administration and Public Policy)
- 2017-04-08[PDF] Disaster By Design: The Aral Sea and its Lessons for Sustainability (Research in Social Problems and Public Policy)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Future of Housing Markets: A New Appraisal (Environment, Development and Public Policy: Cities and Development)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Contemporary Approaches to Public Policy: Theories, Controversies and Perspectives (International Series on Public Policy)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Sentencing Fragments: Penal Reform in America, 1975-2025 (Studies in Crime and Public Policy)
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Economic Analysis, Moral Philosophy and Public Policy (2 edition)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Ethics and Public Policy: A Philosophical Inquiry
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Governing Modern Societies: Towards Participatory Governance (Routledge Studies in Governance and Public Policy)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Immigration, Social Integration and Crime: A Cross-National Approach (Contemporary Issues in Public Policy)
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Europe's Digital Revolution: Broadcasting Regulation, the EU and the Nation State (Routledge Research in European Public Policy)
- 2017-02-13[PDF] Social Relations and Social Exclusion: Rethinking Political Economy (Routledge Studies in Governance and Public Policy)
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Intelligence, Genes, and Success: Scientists Respond to The Bell Curve (Statistics for Social Science and Public Policy)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Urban Land Economics and Public Policy (Building & Surveying Series)
- 2017-02-07[PDF] The Politics of Privatisation: Contracting Out Public Services (Public Policy and Politics)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Tools of Government in the Digital Age: Second Edition (Public Policy and Politics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.