Posted on 2018-01-14, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ian Carr | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 672 | ISBN: 0006530265 | ISBN13: 9780006530268 |
Description: The revised edition of Ian Carr's classic biography of Miles Davis throws new light on his life and career from the early days in New York, with Charlie Parker, to his Birth of the Cool band, through his drug addiction in the early 1950s, and the years of extraordinary achievements, 1954-1960, during which he created a whole series of masterpieces on record, and drew to his band such unequalled talents as John Coltrane, Bill Evans, Wynton Kelly and Cannonball Adderly. Carr also gives a detailed description of Miles's dark reclusive period, 1975-1980, and his descent towards disintegration. He also tells how the events of one single day forced Davis to turn back to life and return slowly to music. The incessant activity of his last ten years â€“ the music-making, his painting and art exhibitions, his extraordinary trumpet playing, his marriage to and divorce from Cicely Tyson â€“ is recounted with fascinating insight. Miles Davis, whose work has been called 'one of the greatest musical legacies of the twentieth century', remained controversial until the end, and this definitive biography examines the controversy from all sides. With access to the inner circle of Davis's friends and associates, Ian Carr includes new interviews with such jazz greats as Max Roach, George Russell, George Avakian, Ron Carter, John Carisi, John Scofield, Bill Evans and Jack and Lydia DeJohnette, and revisits those who contributed to the first edition, including Keith Jarrett, Dave Holland, Joe Zawinul and Paul Buckmaster. This edition is an essential source for those who want to understand Miles, his music and the 'jazz life'.
Miles Davis: The Definitive Biography.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35323
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Trump Revealed: The Definitive Biography of the 45th President
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Miles Davis: The Complete Illustrated History
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Adolf Hitler: The Definitive Biography
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Adolf Hitler: The Definitive Biography [Audiobook]
- 2017-02-08[PDF] Adolf Hitler: The Definitive Biography
- 2018-01-17[PDF] U2: The Definitive Biography
- 2018-01-14[PDF] M. S. Subbulakshmi: The Definitive Biography
- 2012-03-25Scott Preston, The Definitive Guide to Building Java Robots
- 2012-01-20Miles Davis Standards: Jazz Play-Along Volume 49 (Hal Leonard Jazz Play-Along) - Miles Davis
- 2011-11-17Jazz Play Along Vol. 49 - Miles Davis Standards
- 2019-02-22Miles Davis The Complete Illustrated History
- 2019-01-15Jimmy Page The Definitive Biography [Audiobook]
- 2019-01-03Jimmy Page The Definitive Biography
- 2018-12-14Jimmy Page The Definitive Biography [Audiobook]
- 2018-12-05Jimmy Page The Definitive Biography
- 2018-11-21Sir Matt Busby The Definitive Biography
- 2018-10-31Grace Her Lives, Her Loves - the definitive biography of Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco
- 2018-09-26Grace Her Lives, Her Loves - the definitive biography of Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Simply Stairs: The Definitive Handbook for Stair Builders
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.