Posted on 2017-11-08, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Werner Hamacher | Publisher: Fordham University Press | Category: Languages (Other) | Language: English | Page: 176 | ISBN: 0823265358 | ISBN13: 9780823265350 |
Description: Minima Philologica brings together two essays by Werner Hamacher that are meant to revitalize philology as a practice beyond its restriction to the restoration of linguistic data and their meanings. In these two texts, "95 Theses on Philology" and "For-Philology," Hamacher propounds a notion of generalized philology that is equivalent to the real production of linguistic utterances, and indeed utterances not limited to predicative or even discursive statements. Philology, in speaking for language where no clear and distinct language is given, exhibits and exposes the structure of language in general. The first text, "95 Theses on Philology," challenges academic philology as well as other disciplines across the humanities and sciences that "use" language, assuming it to be a given entity and not an event. The theses develop what Hamacher calls the "idea of philology" by describing the constitution of its objects, its relation to knowledge, its suspension of consciousness, and its freedom for what remains always still to be said. In "For-Philology," both speaking and writing, Hamacher argues, follow, discursively and non-discursively, the desire for language. Desire-phila-is the insatiable affect that drives the movement between utterances toward the next and the one after that. Desiring language-logos-means to respond to an alien utterance that precedes you, ignorant about where the path will lead, accepting loss and uncertainty, thinking in and through language and the lack of it, exceeding, returning, responding to others, cutting into and off what is to be said. In arguing this, Hamacher responds, directly or obliquely, to other philological thinkers such as Plato and Schlegel, Nietzsche, Benjamin, and Heidegger, as well as to poets such as Rene Char, Francis Ponge, Paul Celan, and Friedrich Holderlin. Taken together, the essays of Minima Philologica constitute a manifesto for a new understanding of linguistic existence that breaks new ways of attending to language and those who live by it.
Minima Philologica (Idiom Inventing Writing Theory FUP).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33256
- 2017-11-10[PDF] Flirtations: Rhetoric and Aesthetics This Side of Seduction (Idiom Inventing Writing Theory FUP)
- 2017-10-31[PDF] Receptive Spirit: German Idealism and the Dynamics of Cultural Transmission (Idiom Inventing Writing Theory FUP) [German]
- 2019-02-01Working-Class Writing Theory and Practice
- 2019-01-24Writing - Theory and History of the Technology of Civilization
- 2019-01-11Writing - Theory and History of the Technology of Civilization
- 2018-12-26Writing - Theory and History of the Technology of Civilization
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Algebraic Analysis of Singular Perturbation Theory (Translations of Mathematical Monographs)
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Stepping Motors: A Guide to Theory and Practice (IEE Control Series, 63)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Attachment, Intimacy, Autonomy: Using Attachment Theory in Adult Psychotherapy
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Time Series Analysis and Inverse Theory for Geophysicists
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Surface Flute Waves in Plasmas: Theory and Applications (Springer Series on Atomic, Optical, and Plasma Physics) - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] An Introduction to Infinite Ergodic Theory (Mathematical Survey and Monographs)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Social Justice and Deep Participation: Theory and Practice for the 21st Century - Removed
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Handbook of Humanistic Psychology: Theory, Research, and Practice
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Handbook of Creative Writing
- 2018-02-01[PDF] A Gentle Introduction to Game Theory
- 2018-01-31[PDF] A New Construction of Ricardian Theory of International Values: Analytical and Historical Approach (Evolutionary Economics and Social Complexity Science)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] An Introduction to Statistical Communication Theory: An IEEE Press Classic Reissue
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Arithmetic and Geometry Around Galois Theory (Progress in Mathematics)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.