Posted on 2017-11-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Sara Buttsworth, Maartje M. Abbenhuis | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 282 | ISBN: 0313382166 | ISBN13: 9780313382161 |
Description: From Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator to the depiction of Nazis in the Raiders of the Lost Ark to other various literature, comic books, video games, television programs, and pop music, Nazism has maintained a constant presence in popular culture after World War II. Why are representations of Nazism-which are often used to depict the ultimate expression of human evil-so entrenched in our culture? Each chapter in this book examines this multifaceted topic from different angles, highlighting the different incidences of Nazistic representations in the post-1945 period. The diverse subject matter in this text ranges from analysis of recent allo-historical novels, to the music of the "neo-folk" movement, to fetishes and pornography. Readers will gain insight on how the imagery and symbology of Nazism in popular culture has changed over time and understand how the disconnect between representations of Nazism and the historical record have developed, particularly with regard to the genocide that resulted from Nazi politics.
Monsters in the Mirror: Representations of Nazism in Post-War Popular Culture.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33839
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Monsters in the Mirror: Representations of Nazism in Post-War Popular Culture
- 2011-02-11Monsters in the Mirror: Representations of Nazism in Post-War Popular Culture
- 2017-12-05[PDF] The Best Are Leaving: Emigration and Post-War Irish Culture
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Opera in the Media Age: Essays on Art, Technology and Popular Culture
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Arabs in the Mirror: Images and Self-Images from Pre-Islamic to Modern Times
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Monsters in the Closet: Homosexuality and the Horror Film (Inside Popular Film)
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Hiding in the Mirror: The Mysterious Allure of Extra Dimensions, from Plato to String Theory and Beyond
- 2017-11-23[PDF] Women and the Machine: Representations from the Spinning Wheel to the Electronic Age
- 2017-10-18[PDF] Plague in the Mirror
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Monsters of the Earth (The Books of the Elements #3)
- 2017-01-03[PDF] Monsters of the Earth (The Books of the Elements #3)
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Sunbelt Rising: The Politics of Space, Place, and Region (Politics and Culture in Modern America)
- 2018-01-27[PDF] South Sudan: The Untold Story from Independence to Civil War
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Postmodernism, or, The Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism (Post-Contemporary Interventions)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Ghost Hunt: The US destabilisation campaign against Sweden: Cold war and covert action on Europe's Northern Flank
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Museums in the Digital Age: Changing Meanings of Place, Community, and Culture
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Blood On The Sea: American Destroyers Lost In World War II
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Scourge of the Swastika: A Short History of Nazi War Crimes
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Theology after the Birth of God: Atheist Conceptions in Cognition and Culture - Removed
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.