Posted on 2017-10-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Will Kymlicka | Publisher: Clarendon Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 296 | ISBN: 0198290918 | ISBN13: 9780198290919 |
Description: The increasingly multicultural fabric of modern societies has given rise to many new issues and conflicts, as ethnic and national minorities demand recognition and support for their cultural identity. This book presents a new conception of the rights and status of minority cultures.It argues that certain sorts of `collective rights' for minority cultures are consistent with liberal democratic principles, and that standard liberal objections to recognizing such rights on grounds of individual freedom, social justice, and national unity, can be answered. However, Professor Kymlicka emphasises that no single formula can be applied to all groups and that the needs and aspirations of immigrants are very different from those of indigenous peoples and national minorities. The book discusses issues such as language rights, group representation, religious education, federalism, and secession - issues which are central to understanding multicultural politics, but which have been surprisingly neglected in contemporary liberal theory.
Multicultural Citizenship: A Liberal Theory of Minority Rights (Oxford Political Theory).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32422
- 2017-01-10[PDF] Multicultural Citizenship: A Liberal Theory of Minority Rights (Oxford Political Theory)
- 2017-11-16[PDF] Muslim Citizenship in Liberal Democracies: Civic and Political Participation in the West (Palgrave Politics of Identity and Citizenship Series)
- 2017-12-13[PDF] Black Citizenship and Authenticity in the Civil Rights Movement (Routledge Research in Race and Ethnicity)
- 2017-02-16[PDF] Black Citizenship and Authenticity in the Civil Rights Movement (Routledge Research in Race and Ethnicity)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Liberal Archipelago: A Theory of Diversity and Freedom (Oxford Political Theory)
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Peacebuilding, Citizenship, and Identity: Empowering Conflict and Dialogue in Multicultural Classrooms
- 2017-04-05[PDF] The Liberal Project and Human Rights: The Theory and Practice of a New World Order
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Healthcare Simulation Education: Evidence, Theory and Practice
- 2018-02-02[PDF] French Philosophy and Social Theory: A Perspective for Ethics and Philosophy of Management (Ethical Economy) [French] - Removed
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Social Media Marketing: Game Theory and the Emergence of Collaboration - Removed
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Detection, Estimation, and Modulation Theory, Optimum Array Processing (Part IV)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Ray and Wave Theory of Lenses (Cambridge Studies in Modern Optics)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Special Functions and the Theory of Group Representations (Translations of Mathematical Monographs)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Multicultural Cities: Toronto, New York, and Los Angeles
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Translational Recurrences: From Mathematical Theory to Real-World Applications (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Design of Steel Structures: Theory and Practice
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Media and Social Theory (CRESC)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] A Course in Group Theory (Oxford Science Publications)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] From Basic Survival Analytic Theory to a Non-Standard Application (BestMasters)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.