[PDF] Music Through Fourier Space: Discrete Fourier Transform in Music Theory (Computational Music Science)
Posted on 2018-01-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Emmanuel Amiot | Publisher: Springer | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 206 | ISBN: 331945580X | ISBN13: 9783319455808 |
Description: This book explains the state of the art in the use of the discrete Fourier transform (DFT) of musical structures such as rhythms or scales. In particular the author explains the DFT of pitch-class distributions, homometry and the phase retrieval problem, nil Fourier coefficients and tilings, saliency, extrapolation to the continuous Fourier transform and continuous spaces, and the meaning of the phases of Fourier coefficients. This is the first textbook dedicated to this subject, and with supporting examples and exercises this is suitable for researchers and advanced undergraduate and graduate students of music, computer science and engineering. The author has made online supplementary material available, and the book is also suitable for practitioners who want to learn about techniques for understanding musical notions and who want to gain musical insights into mathematical problems.
Music Through Fourier Space: Discrete Fourier Transform in Music Theory (Computational Music Science).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35193
- 2017-12-31[PDF] The Fast Fourier Transform: An Introduction to Its Theory and Application
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Applications of Fourier Transform to Smile Modeling: Theory and Implementation
- 2017-01-07[PDF] The Fast Fourier Transform: An Introduction to Its Theory and Application
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Ripples in Mathematics: The Discrete Wavelet Transform
- 2017-11-01[PDF] Perceptual Image Coding with Discrete Cosine Transform - Removed
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Methods of Fourier Analysis and Approximation Theory
- 2018-01-28[PDF] The DFT: An Owners' Manual for the Discrete Fourier Transform
- 2018-01-06Music: Numinous and Mathematics. Form and Analysis Through Fourier Space
- 2017-12-28[PDF] Algorithms for Discrete Fourier Transform and Convolution
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Mastering the Discrete Fourier Transform in One, Two or Several Dimensions: Pitfalls and Artifacts
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Algorithms for Discrete Fourier Transform and Convolution
- 2019-03-21Introduction To The Discrete Fourier Transform With Python
- 2018-10-07Discrete Harmonic Analysis Representations, Number Theory, Expanders, and the Fourier Transform
- 2018-01-23[PDF] NMR and Chemistry: An introduction to the Fourier transform-multinuclear era (Science Paperbacks)
- 2018-01-11[PDF] Fourier Transform - Signal Processing
- 2018-01-06[PDF] Distribution Theory: Convolution, Fourier Transform, and Laplace Transform
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Abelian Varieties, Theta Functions and the Fourier Transform (Cambridge Tracts in Mathematics)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Inside the FFT Black Box: Serial and Parallel Fast Fourier Transform Algorithms
- 2017-12-19[PDF] Fourier Transform: Applications
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.