Posted on 2018-01-16, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Till Bovermann, Alberto de Campo, Hauke Egermann, Sarah-Indriyati Hardjowirogo, Stefan Weinzierl | Publisher: Springer | Category: Art related | Language: German | Page: 412 | ISBN: 9811029504 | ISBN13: 9789811029509 |
Description: By exploring the many different types and forms of contemporary musical instruments, this book contributes to a better understanding of the conditions of instrumentality in the 21st century. Providing insights from science, humanities and the arts, authors from a wide range of disciplines discuss the following questions: What are the conditions under which an object is recognized as a musical instrument? What are the actions and procedures typically associated with musical instruments? What kind of (mental and physical) knowledge do we access in order to recognize or use something as a musical instrument? How is this knowledge being shaped by cultural conventions and temporal conditions? How do algorithmic processes 'change the game' of musical performance, and as a result, how do they affect notions of instrumentality? How do we address the question of instrumental identity within an instrument's design process? What properties can be used to differentiate successful and unsuccessful instruments? Do these properties also contribute to the instrumentality of an object in general? What does success mean within an artistic, commercial, technological, or scientific context?
Musical Instruments in the 21st Century: Identities, Configurations, Practices [German].pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35383
- 2011-11-07Managing Construction and Infrastructure in the 21st Century Bureau of Reclamation
- 2011-09-12Energy and Transportation: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-09-06Information and Communications: Challenges for the Chemical Sciences in the 21st Century
- 2011-07-03A New Biology for the 21st Century
- 2012-09-25The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2011-12-28The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2011-09-05The Role of Theory in Advancing 21st-Century Biology: Catalyzing Transformative Research
- 2018-11-24Exploring the Cosmic Frontier Astrophysical Instruments for the 21st Century
- 2018-04-22Exploring the Cosmic Frontier Astrophysical Instruments for the 21st Century
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Helicobacter Pylori in the 21st Century (Advances in Molecular and Cellular Microbiology)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Freshwater Governance for the 21st Century (Global Issues in Water Policy)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Applied Mathematics Entering the 21st Century: Invited Talks from the ICIAM 2003 Congress (Proceedings in Applied Mathematics)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Toxicity Testing in the 21st Century: A Vision and a Strategy
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Nuclear Energy in the 21st Century
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Solar Technologies for the 21st Century
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Wind Energy in the 21st Century
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Wind Energy in the 21st Century: Economics, Policy, Technology and the Changing Electricity Industry
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Asian Islam in the 21st Century
- 2018-01-15[PDF] Accounting Education for the 21st Century: The Global Challenges
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.