Posted on 2017-04-10, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Ken Ono | Publisher: Springer | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 238 | ISBN: 3319255665 | ISBN13: 9783319255668 |
Description: Authors: Ono, Ken, Aczel, Amir D. A passionate personal account of a mathematician who followed in the footsteps of the enigmatic Indian genius Srinivasa Ramanujan Provides a deeply moving account of spirituality and self-discovery doubt and vindication Retraces the life, career, and legacy of Ramanujan and those who have followed "The son of a prominent Japanese mathematician who came to the United States after World War II, Ken Ono was raised on a diet of high expectations and little praise. Rebelling against his pressure-cooker of a life, Ken determined to drop out of high school to follow his own path. To obtain his fathers approval, he invoked the biography of the famous Indian mathematical prodigy Srinivasa Ramanujan, whom his father revered, who had twice flunked out of college because of his single-minded devotion to mathematics. Ono describes his rocky path through college and graduate school, interweaving Ramanujans story with his own and telling how at key moments, he was inspired by Ramanujan and guided by mentors who encouraged him to pursue his interest in exploring Ramanujans mathematical legacy. Picking up where others left off, beginning with the great English mathematician G.H. Hardy, who brought Ramanujan to Cambridge in 1914, Ono has devoted his mathematical career to understanding how in his short life, Ramanujan was able to discover so many deep mathematical truths, which Ramanujan believed had been sent to him as visions from a Hindu goddess. And it was Ramanujan who was ultimately the source of reconciliation between Ono and his parents. Onos search for Ramanujan ranges over three continents and crosses paths with mathematicians whose lives span the globe and the entire twentieth century and beyond. Along the way, Ken made many fascinating discoveries. The most important and surprising one of all was his own humanity." Number of Illustrations and Tables 37 b/w illustrations, 10 illustrations in colour Topics Number Theory History of Mathematics History of Science
My Search for Ramanujan: How I Learned to Count.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31396
- 2017-10-21[PDF] The Search for an Abortionist: The Classic Study of How American Women Coped with Unwanted Pregnancy before Roe v. Wade
- 2018-07-15Our Search for Belonging How Our Need to Connect Is Tearing Us Apart
- 2018-06-04Our Search for Belonging How Our Need to Connect Is Tearing Us Apart
- 2018-05-17Our Search for Belonging: How Our Need to Connect Is Tearing Us Apart [Audiobook]
- 2018-05-16Our Search for Belonging: How Our Need to Connect Is Tearing Us Apart
- 2018-02-02[PDF] The Search for Survival: Lessons from Disruptive Technologies
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The Search for Tactical Success in Vietnam: An Analysis of Australian Task Force Combat Operations (Australian Army History Series)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Idea Searching for Design: How to Research and Develop Design Concepts (Basics Product Design)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Brilliant Strategy for Business: How to plan, implement and evaluate strategy at any level of management
- 2018-01-19[PDF] A Mind for Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra) [Audiobook]
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Search for the Truth
- 2018-01-16[PDF] The Search for the Manchurian Candidate, The CIA and Mind Control
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Fundamental Analysis for Investors: How to Make Consistent, Long-term Profits in the Stock Market
- 2018-01-14[PDF] The Search for Certainty: A Philosophical Account of Foundations of Mathematics
- 2018-01-11[PDF] The Cure for Catastrophe: How We Can Stop Manufacturing Natural Disasters
- 2018-01-10[PDF] 10 Answers for Atheists: How to Have an Intelligent Discussion About the Existence of God
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Factory Physics for Managers: How Leaders Improve Performance in a Post-Lean Six Sigma World
- 2018-01-08[PDF] The Search for Civilization X: Who are we, Why are they here, Where did we come from?
- 2018-01-04[PDF] The Search for the Manchurian Candidate, The CIA and Mind Control
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.