[PDF] Myth of Universal Human Rights: Its Origin, History, and Explanation, Along with a More Humane Way
Posted on 2018-01-29, by luongquocchinh.
Author: David N. Stamos | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 320 | ISBN: 1612052428 | ISBN13: 9781612052427 |
Description: In this groundbreaking and provocative new book, philosopher of science David N. Stamos challenges the current conceptions of human rights, and argues that the existence of universal human rights is a modern myth. Using an evolutionary analysis to support his claims, Stamos traces the origin of the myth from the English Levellers of 1640s London to our modern day. Theoretical defenses of the belief in human rights are critically examined, including defenses of nonconsensus concepts. In the final chapter Stamos develops a method of naturalized normative ethics, which he then applies to topics routinely dealt with in terms of human rights. In all of this Stamos hopes to show that there is a better way of dealing with matters of ethics and justice, a way that involves applying the whole of our evolved moral being, rather than only parts of it, and that is fiction-free.
Myth of Universal Human Rights: Its Origin, History, and Explanation, Along with a More Humane Way.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35771
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Extraterritorial Application of Human Rights Treaties: Law, Principles, and Policy (Oxford Monographs in International Law)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Post-transitional Justice: Human Rights Trials in Chile and El Salvador
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Post-transitional Justice: Human Rights Trials in Chile and El Salvador
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Extraterritorial Application of Human Rights Treaties: Law, Principles, and Policy (Oxford Monographs in International Law)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Universal Human Rights in Theory and Practice, 3rd edition
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Immutable Laws of Mankind: The Struggle For Universal Human Rights - Removed
- 2011-11-15Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2011-10-09Beyond Collusion
- 2011-09-20World Report 2011: Events of 2010 (Human Rights Watch World Report)
- 2011-08-04Children and Transitional Justice: Truth-Telling, Accountability and Reconciliation (Human Rights Program Series)
- 2011-07-27World Report 2011: Events of 2010 (Human Rights Watch World Report)
- 2011-07-20Beyond Collusion
- 2018-12-19In Defense of Universal Human Rights
- 2018-11-08US Hegemony and the Project of Universal Human Rights
- 2018-06-24Universal Human Rights Origins and Development
- 2018-06-08Universal Human Rights Origins and Development
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Mayan Voices for Human Rights: Displaced Catholics in Highland Chiapas (Louann Atkins Temple Women & Culture Series)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] A Dictionary of Human Rights
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Logic as Universal Science: Russell's Early Logicism and its Philosophical Context (History of Analytic Philosophy)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.