[PDF] National Myth and the First World War in Modern Popular Music (Palgrave Studies in the History of Subcultures and Popular Music)
Posted on 2018-01-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Peter Grant | Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 303 | ISBN: 1137601388 | ISBN13: 9781137601384 |
Description: This book looks at the role of popular music in constructing the myth of the First World War. Since the late 1950s over 1,500 popular songs from more than forty countries have been recorded that draw inspiration from the War. National Myth and the First World War in Modern Popular Music takes an inter-disciplinary approach that locates popular music within the framework of memory studies and analyses how songwriters are influenced by their countrys national myths. How does popular music help form memory and remembrance of such an event? Why do some songwriters stick rigidly to culturally dominant forms of memory whereas others seek an oppositional or transnational perspective? The huge range of musical examples include the great chansonniers Jacques Brel and Georges Brassens folk maestros including Al Stewart and Eric Bogle the socially aware rock of The Kinks and Pink Floyd metal legends Iron Maiden and Bolt Thrower and female iconoclasts Diamanda Gals and PJ Harvey.
National Myth and the First World War in Modern Popular Music (Palgrave Studies in the History of Subcultures and Popular Music).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35337
- 2012-06-03The Spicer Web: The Romance of a Flying-Boat Flight in the First World War
- 2017-10-26[PDF] Other Fronts, Other Wars?: First World War Studies on the Eve of the Centennial (History of Warfare (Brill))
- 2017-12-02[PDF] That Quiet Earth: A First World War Tale
- 2012-05-11Panzers In The Balkans And Italy Quarrie (World War 2 Photo Album #19)
- 2018-01-20[PDF] The First World War and German National Identity: The Dual Alliance at War (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare) [German]
- 2012-05-12Battle Colors Volume III: Insignia and Tactical Markings Of The Ninth Air Force In World War Two
- 2018-02-01[PDF] The War That Used Up Words: American Writers and the First World War
- 2018-01-26[PDF] A Kingdom United: Popular Responses to the Outbreak of the First World War in Britain and Ireland
- 2018-01-22[PDF] The Royal Naval Air Service in the First World War: Aircraft and Events as Recorded in Official Documents
- 2018-01-18[PDF] Planning Armageddon: British Economic Warfare and the First World War
- 2018-01-17[PDF] Morale and the Italian Army during the First World War (Cambridge Military Histories) [Italian]
- 2018-01-13[PDF] UFOs of the First World War: Phantom Airships, Balloons, Aircraft and Other Mysterious Aerial Phenomena
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Arms and Uniforms: The First World War Part 2
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Psychological Trauma and the Legacies of the First World War - Removed
- 2018-01-06[PDF] The Doughboys: America and the First World War
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Strategy and Intelligence: British Policy During the First World War
- 2017-12-27[PDF] Citizen Soldiers: The Liverpool Territorials in the First World War (Studies in the Social and Cultural History of Modern Warfare)
- 2017-12-26[PDF] The First World War: Germany and Austria-Hungary 1914-1918 (Modern Wars)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Empire and Revolution: A Socialist History of the First World War
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.