[PDF] Neurobiology of Huntington's Disease: Applications to Drug Discovery (Frontiers in Neuroscience)
Posted on 2018-01-13, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Donald C. Lo | Publisher: CRC Press | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 338 | ISBN: 0849390001 | ISBN13: 9780849390005 |
Description: In 1993, the genetic mutation responsible for Huntingtonâ€™s disease (HD) was identified. Considered a milestone in human genomics, this discovery has led to nearly two decades of remarkable progress that has greatly increased our knowledge of HD, and documented an unexpectedly large and diverse range of biochemical and genetic perturbations that seem to result directly from the expression of the mutant huntingtin gene. Neurobiology of Huntingtonâ€™s Disease: Applications to Drug Discovery presents a thorough review of the issues surrounding drug discovery and development for the treatment of this paradigmatic neurodegenerative disease. Drawing on the expertise of key researchers in the field, the book discusses the basic neurobiology of Huntingtonâ€™s disease and how its monogenic nature confers enormous practical advantages for translational research, including the creation of robust experimental tools, models, and assays to facilitate discovery and validation of molecular targets and drug candidates for HD. Written to support future basic research as well as drug development efforts, this volume: â€¢ Covers the latest research approaches in genetics, genomics, and proteomics, including high-throughput and high-content screening â€¢ Highlights advances in the discovery and development of new drug therapies for neurodegenerative disorders â€¢ Examines the practical realities of preclinical testing, clinical testing strategies, and, ultimately, clinical usage While the development of effective drug treatments for Huntington's disease continues to be tremendously challenging, a highly interactive and cooperative community of researchers and clinical investigators now brings us to the threshold of potential breakthroughs in the quest for therapeutic agents. The impressive array of drug discovery resources outlined in the text holds much promise for treating this devastating disease, providing hope to long-suffering Huntingtonâ€™s disease patients and their families.
Neurobiology of Huntington's Disease: Applications to Drug Discovery (Frontiers in Neuroscience).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35304
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Neurobiology of Huntington's Disease: Applications to Drug Discovery (Frontiers in Neuroscience)
- 2013-11-13Neurobiology of Huntington's Disease: Applications to Drug Discovery (Frontiers in Neuroscience)
- 2017-10-03[PDF] Protein Structure: Determination, Analysis, and Applications for Drug Discovery
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Behavioral Neurobiology of Huntington's Disease and Parkinson's Disease
- 2017-10-22[PDF] Huntington's Disease: Etiology and Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment (Neuroscience Research Progress)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Antibody-Drug Conjugates and Immunotoxins: From Pre-Clinical Development to Therapeutic Applications (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
- 2018-01-02[PDF] Ophthalmic Disease Mechanisms and Drug Discovery
- 2017-04-07[PDF] ADME and Translational Pharmacokinetics / Pharmacodynamics of Therapeutic Proteins: Applications in Drug Discovery and Development
- 2018-01-28[PDF] Applying Genomic and Proteomic Microarray Technology in Drug Discovery
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Indole Ring Synthesis: From Natural Products to Drug Discovery
- 2018-01-10[PDF] Increasing the Therapeutic Ratio of Radiotherapy (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
- 2018-01-06[PDF] In Vivo Optical Imaging of Brain Function, Second Edition (Frontiers in Neuroscience)
- 2017-12-21[PDF] Biomarkers for Traumatic Brain Injury: RSC (RSC Drug Discovery)
- 2017-12-08[PDF] Combination Cancer Therapy: Modulators and Potentiators (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Chemoradiation in Cancer Therapy (Humana Press Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
- 2017-11-08[PDF] The Dynamic Synapse: Molecular Methods in Ionotropic Receptor Biology (Frontiers in Neuroscience)
- 2017-11-03[PDF] Matrix Metalloproteinase Inhibitors in Cancer Therapy (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Neural Prostheses for Restoration of Sensory and Motor Function (Frontiers in Neuroscience)
- 2017-10-30[PDF] Bioinformatics in Cancer and Cancer Therapy (Cancer Drug Discovery and Development)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.