[PDF] New Directions for Situated Cognition in Mathematics Education (Mathematics Education Library)
Posted on 2018-01-15, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Anne Watson Peter Winbourne | Publisher: Springer | Category: Education | Language: English | Page: 371 | ISBN: 0387715770 | ISBN13: 9780387715773 |
Description: New Directions for Situated Cognition in Mathematics Education Edited by Anne Watson, University of Oxford Peter Winbourne, London South Bank University New Directions for Situated Cognition in Mathematics Education gathers current situated cognition theories as applied to the teaching and learning of mathematics by major thinkers in the field. Arranged to be read cover to cover or by the individual chapter, this unique volume examines situated cognition in all levels and contexts of math instruction, in traditional school settings, in adult education, at home, on the job, or on the street. Well-known authorities explore beyond traditional concepts of good practice and the relationship between knowledge and the learner while synthesizing insights from related perspectives, including semiotics, activity theory, ardinas practice, and Mollâ€™s concept of funds of knowledge. The emphasis is not merely on achieving standards or even gaining skills, but on learning as a lifelong activity as chapter authors address such questions as: What can math teachers do to make learning vital to childrenâ€™s identity? How does situated cognition relate to tacit knowledge? In what ways are mathematical abstractions situated? Can vocational math skills be learned away from the workplace? How is mathematics knowledge transferred from the class to the home environment? New Directions for Situated Cognition in Mathematics Education provides a diverse, well-organized resource for educators, researchers, and students to approach this powerful theoretical strand.
New Directions for Situated Cognition in Mathematics Education (Mathematics Education Library).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35360
- 2018-01-14[PDF] New Directions in Race Car Aerodynamics: Designing for Speed (Engineering and Performance)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Identity Around the World: New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development, Number 138 (J-B CAD Single Issue Child & Adolescent Development)
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Implementing Transfer Associate Degrees: Perspectives From the States: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 160
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Data Use in the Community College: New Directions for Institutional Research, Number 153
- 2017-12-24[PDF] Data Visualization: Part 1, New Directions for Evaluation, Number 139
- 2017-12-20[PDF] Integral Education: New Directions for Higher Learning (Suny Series in Integral Theory)
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Trauma and Psychosis: New Directions for Theory and Therapy
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Time's Arrow and Archimedes' Point: New Directions for the Physics of Time
- 2017-12-02[PDF] Dual Enrollment Policies, Pathways, and Perspectives: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 169 (J-B CC Single Issue Community Colleges)
- 2017-11-30[PDF] Accreditation, Certification, and Credentialing: Relevant Concerns for U.S. Evaluators, New Directions for Evaluation, Number 145 (J-B PE Single Issue (Program) Evaluation)
- 2017-11-23[PDF] The Humane Interface: New Directions for Designing Interactive Systems
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Critical Perspectives on Global Competition in Higher Education: New Directions for Higher Education, Number 168 (J-B HE Single Issue Higher Education)
- 2017-11-07[PDF] Working in Restructured Workplaces: Challenges and New Directions for the Sociology of Work
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Benchmarking in Institutional Research: New Directions for Institutional Research, Number 156
- 2017-10-18[PDF] An Update on Adult Development Theory: New Ways of Thinking About the Life Course: New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education, Number 84
- 2017-10-15[PDF] The Community College in a Global Context: New Directions for Community Colleges, Number 161
- 2017-10-14[PDF] The Bicentennial Census: New Directions for Methodology in 1990: 30th Anniversary Edition
- 2017-10-04[PDF] Glee and New Directions for Social Change (Youth, Media, & Culture)
- 2017-10-04[PDF] The Wiley Handbook of Theoretical and Philosophical Psychology: Methods, Approaches, and New Directions for Social Sciences
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.