Posted on 2017-11-30, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Pablo J. Boczkowski | Publisher: University Of Chicago Press | Category: Sociology | Language: English | Page: 272 | ISBN: 0226062791 | ISBN13: 9780226062792 |
Description: Before news organizations began putting their content online, people got the news in print or on TV and almost always outside of the workplace. But nowadays, most of us keep an eye on the headlines from our desks at work, and we have become accustomed to instant access to a growing supply of constantly updated stories on the Web. This change in the amount of news available as well as how we consume it has been coupled with an unexpected development in editorial labor: rival news organizations can now keep tabs on the competition and imitate them, resulting in a decrease in the diversity of the news. Peeking inside the newsrooms where journalists create stories and the work settings where the public reads them, Pablo J. Boczkowski reveals why journalists contribute to the growing similarity of newseven though they dislike itand why consumers acquiesce to a media system they find increasingly dissatisfying. Comparing and contrasting two newspapers in Buenos Aires with similar developments in the United States, News at Work offers an enlightening perspective on living in a world with more information but less news.
News at Work: Imitation in an Age of Information Abundance.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33927
- 2017-01-12[PDF] News at Work: Imitation in an Age of Information Abundance
- 2011-05-24News at Work: Imitation in an Age of Information Abundance
- 2017-10-15[PDF] TechGnosis: Myth, Magic & Mysticism in the Age of Information (Five Star Paperback)
- 2019-07-18#(Best) - Why You Should Read The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload by Daniel J. Levitin Online or Download [MOBI PDF EPUB]
- 2019-01-10Dust or Magic, Creative Work in the Digital Age
- 2018-12-27Dust or Magic, Creative Work in the Digital Age
- 2018-11-14News Grazers Media, Politics, and Trust in an Information Age
- 2018-02-01[PDF] No Work Vegetable Gardening: . . . and other gardening information
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Affect and American Literature in the Age of Neoliberalism
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Happy at Work, Happy at Home: The Girl's Guide to Being a Working Mom
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Global Maya: Work and Ideology in Rural Guatemala
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Securing Electricity Supply in the Cyber Age: Exploring the Risks of Information and Communication Technology in Tomorrow's Electricity Infrastructure (Topics in Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality) - Removed
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Making Teams Work : 24 Lessons for Working Together Successfully (The McGraw-Hill Professional Education Series)
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Foreign Words: Translator-Authors in the Age of Goethe (Kritik: German Literary Theory and Cultural Studies Series) [German]
- 2018-01-31[PDF] The Graphic Work
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Making Groups Work: Rethinking Practice
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Bazin at Work: Major Essays and Reviews From the Forties and Fifties
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Lean Thinking for Healthcare (Healthcare Delivery in the Information Age)
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Flow at Work: Measurement and Implications
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.