Posted on 2017-01-11, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Alyn Shipton | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Non-fiction | Language: English | Page: 368 | ISBN: 0199756570 | ISBN13: 9780199756575 |
Description: Paul McCartney and John Lennon described him as the Beatles' "favorite group," he won Grammy awards, wrote and recorded hit songs, and yet no figure in popular music is as much of a paradox, or as underrated, as Harry Nilsson. In this first ever full-length biography, Alyn Shipton traces Nilsson's life from his Brooklyn childhood to his Los Angeles adolescence and his gradual emergence as a uniquely talented singer-songwriter. With interviews from friends, family, and associates, and material drawn from an unfinished autobiography, Shipton probes beneath the enigma to discover the real Harry Nilsson. A major celebrity at a time when huge concerts and festivals were becoming the norm, Nilsson shunned live performance. His venue was the studio, his stage the dubbing booth, his greatest triumphs masterful examples of studio craft. He was a gifted composer of songs for a wide variety of performers, including the Ronettes, the Yardbirds, and the Monkees, yet Nilsson's own biggest hits were almost all written by other songwriters. He won two Grammy awards, in 1969 for "Everybody's Talkin'" (the theme song for Midnight Cowboy), and in 1972 for "Without You," had two top ten singles, numerous album successes, and wrote a number of songs"Coconut" and "Jump into the Fire," to name just twothat still sound remarkably fresh and original today. He was once described by his producer Richard Perry as "the finest white male singer on the planet," but near the end of his life, Nilsson's career was marked by voice-damaging substance abuse and the infamous deaths of both Keith Moon and Mama Cass in his London flat. Drawing on exclusive access to Nilsson's papers, Alyn Shipton's biography offers readers an intimate portrait of a man who has seemed both famous and unknowableuntil now.
Nilsson: The Life of a Singer-Songwriter.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 30357
- 2012-05-18The Illustrated Red Baron: The Life and Times of Manfred von Richthofen
- 2012-03-07Wizard: The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla: Biography of a Genius (Audiobook) By Marc J. Seifer, read by Simon Prebble
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Live the Life You Love: In Ten Easy Step-By Step Lessons
- 2017-02-09[PDF] Commander: The Life and Exploits of Britain's Greatest Frigate Captain
- 2017-02-08[PDF] Maimonides: The Life and World of One of Civilization's Greatest Minds
- 2017-02-08[PDF] Sinatra: The Life
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Respect: The Life of Aretha Franklin
- 2017-02-06[PDF] Television: The Life Story of a Technology (Greenwood Technographies)
- 2017-01-19[PDF] Whitey: The Life of America's Most Notorious Mob Boss
- 2017-01-14[PDF] Massacre: The Life and Death of the Paris Commune of 1871
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Bird: The Life and Music of Charlie Parker (Music in American Life)
- 2017-01-12[PDF] Bigfoot: The Life and Times of a Legend
- 2016-12-28[PDF] Rebbe: The Life and Teachings of Menachem M. Schneerson, the Most Influential Rabbi in Modern History
- 2016-12-27[PDF] Possessed: The Life of Joan Crawford
- 2016-12-26[PDF] Hero: The Life and Legend of Lawrence of Arabia
- 2016-12-26[PDF] Zumwalt: The Life and Times of Admiral Elmo Russell 'Bud' Zumwalt, Jr.
- 2016-12-23[PDF] Luther: The Life and Longing of Luther Vandross
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Words and Music of Billy Joel (The Praeger Singer-Songwriter Collection)
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Words and Music of Dolly Parton: Getting to Know Country's 'Iron Butterfly' (The Praeger Singer-Songwriter Collection)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.