Posted on 2018-01-22, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Clara Hughes | Publisher: Touchstone | Category: Self-development | Language: English | Page: 240 | ISBN: 1476756988 | ISBN13: 9781476756981 |
Description: From one of Canadas most decorated Olympians comes a raw but life-affirming story of one womans struggle with depression. In a world where winning meant everything, her biggest competitor was herself. In 2006, when Clara Hughes stepped onto the Olympic podium in Torino, Italy, she became the first and only athlete ever to win multiple medals in both Summer and Winter Games. Four years later, she was proud to carry the Canadian flag at the head of the Canadian team as they participated in the opening ceremony of the Vancouver Olympic Winter Games. But theres another story behind her celebrated career as an athlete, behind her signature billboard smile. While most professional athletes devote their entire lives to training, Clara spent her teenage years using drugs and drinking to escape the stifling home life her alcoholic father had created in Elmwood, Winnipeg. She was headed nowhere fast when, at sixteen, she watched transfixed in her living room as gold medal speed skater Gatan Boucher effortlessly raced in the 1988 Calgary Olympics. Dreaming of one day competing herself, Clara channeled her anger, frustration and raw ambition into the endurance sports of speed skating and cycling. By 2010, she had become a six-time Olympic medalist. But after more than a decade in the gruelling world of professional sports that stripped away her confidence and bruised her body, Clara began to realize that her physical extremes, her emotional setbacks, and her partying habits were masking a severe depression. After winning bronze in the last speed skating race of her career, she decided to retire from that sport, determined to repair herself. She has emerged as one of our most committed humanitarians, advocating for a variety of social causes both in Canada and around the world. In 2010, she became national spokesperson for Bell Canadas Lets Talk campaign in support of mental health awareness, using her Olympic standing to share the positive message of the power of forgiveness. Told with honesty and passion, Open Heart, Open Mind is Claras personal journey through physical and mental pain to a life where love and understanding can thrive. This revelatory and inspiring story will touch the hearts of all Canadians.
Open Heart, Open Mind.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 35566
- 2011-08-31Talking to the doctor, listening to the patient Part I
- 2017-11-12[PDF] Immovable Heart Unstoppable Mind: A Personal Guide To The 6 Essential Practices For Living A Healthy And Fulfilling Life
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Open Heart, Open Mind: Awakening the Power of Essence Love
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Let Love In: Open Your Heart and Mind to Attract Your Ideal Partner
- 2017-01-17[PDF] Open Heart, Open Mind: Awakening the Power of Essence Love
- 2018-01-19[PDF] Open Heart
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Open Mind: Exploring the 6 Patterns of Natural Intelligence
- 2017-12-03[PDF] Open Heart (Open Skies #4)
- 2017-12-03[PDF] The Open Mind: Essays in Honour of Christopher Rowland (The Library of New Testament Studies)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Wise Mind, Open Mind: Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2017-10-28[PDF] The Open Mind: Cold War Politics and the Sciences of Human Nature
- 2017-10-13[PDF] Open Your Mind, Open Your Life: A Little Book of Eastern Wisdom
- 2017-01-12[PDF] The Open Mind: Cold War Politics and the Sciences of Human Nature
- 2010-06-30Let Love In: Open Your Heart and Mind to Attract Your Ideal Partner
- 2019-01-03Wise Mind, Open Mind Finding Purpose and Meaning in Times of Crisis, Loss, and Change
- 2018-06-30OPEN MIND Technologies hyperMILL 2018.1
- 2018-06-29OPEN MIND Technologies hyperMILL 2018.1
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Open Innovation through Strategic Alliances: Approaches for Product, Technology, and Business Model Creation
- 2018-01-29[PDF] Open Cultures and The Nature of Networks
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.