Posted on 2017-10-12, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Benjamin Kilham | Category: Biology | Language: English | Page: 224 | ISBN: 1603583904 | ISBN13: 9781603583909 |
Description: 1603585877 In In the Company of Bears, originally published in hardcover as Out on a Limb, Ben Kilham invites us into the world he has come to know best: the world of black bears. For decades, Kilham has studied wild black bears in a vast tract of Northern New Hampshire woodlands. At times, he has also taken in orphaned infants–feeding them, walking them through the forest for months to help them decipher their natural world, and eventually reintroducing them back into the wild. Once free, the orphaned bears still regard him as their mother. And one of these bears, now a 17-year-old female, has given him extraordinary access to her daily life, opening a rare window into how she and the wild bears she lives among carry out their daily lives, raise their young, and communicate. Witnessing this world has led to some remarkable discoveries. For years, scientists have considered black bears to be mostly solitary. Kilham's observations, though, reveal the extraordinary interactions wild bears have with each other. They form friendships and alliances abide by a code of conduct that keeps their world orderly and when their own food supplies are ample, they even help out other bears in need. Could these cooperative behaviors, he asks, mimic behavior that existed in the animal that became human? In watching bears, do we see our earliest forms of communications unfold? Kilham's dyslexia once barred him from getting an advanced academic degree, securing funding for his research, and publishing his observations in the scientific literature. After being shunned by the traditional scientific community, though, Kilham’s unique findings now interest bear researchers worldwide. His techniques even aid scientists working with pandas in China and bears in Russia. Moreover, the observation skills that fueled Kilham’s exceptional work turned out to be born of his dyslexia. His ability to think in pictures and decipher systems makes him a unique interpreter of the bear's world.
Out on a Limb: What Black Bears Have Taught Me about Intelligence and Intuition.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 32330
- 2017-04-07[PDF] Business in the Cloud: What Every Business Needs to Know About Cloud Computing
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- 2017-02-18[PDF] Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money-That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not!
- 2017-02-08[PDF] The Most Human Human: What Talking with Computers Teaches Us About What It Means to Be Alive
- 2017-02-07[PDF] Listening to Whales: What the Orcas Have Taught Us
- 2017-02-06[PDF] An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth: What Going to Space Taught Me About Ingenuity, Determination, and Being Prepared for Anything
- 2017-02-06[PDF] The Whole Guy Thing: What Every Girl Needs to Know about Crushes, Friendship, Relating, and Dating
- 2017-01-09[PDF] Pictures of the Mind: What the New Neuroscience Tells Us About Who We Are (FT Press Science)
- 2012-12-15My Life as a Furry Red Monster: What Being Elmo Has Taught Me About Life, Love and Laughing Out Loud (repost)
- 2011-11-11My Life as a Furry Red Monster: What Being Elmo Has Taught Me About Life, Love and Laughing Out Loud
- 2014-06-02Listening to Whales: What the Orcas Have Taught Us
- 2014-05-05Talking Back to Prozac: What Doctors Won't Tell You About Prozac and the Newer Antidepressants
- 2014-03-29High Performance Browser Networking: What every web developer should know about networking and web performance (Repost)
- 2014-02-01Hungry: What Eighty Ravenous Guys Taught Me about Life, Love, and the Power of Good Food
- 2014-01-27High Performance Browser Networking: What every web developer should know about networking and web performance - eazydoc.com
- 2013-12-02An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth: What Going to Space Taught Me About Ingenuity, Determination... (Audiobook)
- 2013-11-01High Performance Browser Networking: What every web developer should know about networking and web performance
- 2013-09-13Kindred Beings: What Seventy-Three Chimpanzees Taught Me About Life, Love, and Connection
- 2013-07-18What Your Child Needs to Know About Sex (and When)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.