[PDF] Pathways to Industrialization in the Twenty-First Century: New Challenges and Emerging Paradigms (Wider Studies in Development Economics)
Posted on 2017-11-03, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Adam Szirmai | Publisher: Oxford University Press | Category: Economy | Language: English | Page: 472 | ISBN: 0199667853 | ISBN13: 9780199667857 |
Description: Over the last two centuries, the experiences of the first wave of industrialized countries in Europe and the US, and the more recent experiences of the East Asian Tigers, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, China, India, and Vietnam, have illustrated the transformative nature of industrialization. There are reasons to believe that industrialization will continue to be one of the major engines of growth, transformation, and socioeconomic development. Industrial development enables a more rapid advancement toward developed country living standards. But many challenges remain, and new challenges have arisen. These include: integration into global value chains the shrinking of policy space in the present international order the rise of the Asian driver economies new opportunities provided by resource-based industrialization the accelerating pace of technological change in manufacturing how to deal with jobless growth in manufacturing creating adequate systems of financial intermediation and how to respond to the threats of global warming and climate change. Under present conditions it may be more difficult than ever for the poorer developing countries to foster industrial development and structural change. They face a more complex, and daunting set of circumstances than the developing countries that embarked on industrialization after 1950. These changing and challenging circumstances require new thinking, and in particular new paradigms to guide researchers, policy makers, and international development organizations in the future. The book includes chapters on the experiences of Africa, Latin America, China, and Indonesia, as wells as thematic chapters on structural change, jobless growth, the evolution of industrial policy, and the challenges of environmental sustainability and climate change. It provides a timely analysis of the circumstances and challenges facing developing countries in industrialization, and offer fresh ideas for new paradigms to carry
Pathways to Industrialization in the Twenty-First Century: New Challenges and Emerging Paradigms (Wider Studies in Development Economics).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33093
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Pathways to Industrialization in the Twenty-First Century: New Challenges and Emerging Paradigms (Wider Studies in Development Economics)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] River Basin Management in the Twenty-First Century: Understanding People and Place
- 2017-11-17[PDF] The Business School in the Twenty-First Century: Emergent Challenges and New Business Models
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Banking Beyond Banks and Money: A Guide to Banking Services in the Twenty-First Century (New Economic Windows)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] International Relations Theory for the Twenty-First Century: An Introduction
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Holocaust Cinema in the Twenty-First Century: Images, Memory, and the Ethics of Representation
- 2017-12-11[PDF] Blowing the Roof off the Twenty-First Century: Media, Politics, and the Struggle for Post-Capitalist Democracy
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Re-Orienting Cuisine: East Asian Foodways in the Twenty-First Century (Food, Nutrition, and Culture)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Iraq in the Twenty-First Century: Regime Change and the Making of a Failed State (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
- 2017-11-12[PDF] European Union Law for the Twenty-First Century: Volume 2: Rethinking the New Legal Order (Essays in European Law)
- 2017-10-20[PDF] Public Sector Employment in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-10-16[PDF] Beyond the Developmental State: Industrial Policy into the Twenty-first Century (Political Economy and Development (Hardcover))
- 2017-10-10[PDF] Staging China: New Theatres in the Twenty-First Century (Chinese Literature and Culture in the World) - Removed
- 2017-10-05[PDF] Digital Online Culture, Identity, and Schooling in the Twenty-First Century (New Frontiers in Education, Culture and Politics) - Removed
- 2017-04-06[PDF] Labour Regime Change in the Twenty-First Century (Studies in Critical Social Sciences (Brill Academic))
- 2017-04-06[PDF] When We Fight, We Win: Twenty-First-Century Social Movements and the Activists That Are Transforming Our World
- 2017-04-05[PDF] Returns: Becoming Indigenous in the Twenty-First Century
- 2017-03-25Memory in the Twenty-First Century New Critical Perspectives from the Arts, Humanities, and Scie...
- 2017-03-11Memory in the Twenty-First Century New Critical Perspectives from the Arts, Humanities, and Scie...
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.