[PDF] Pelvic Pain: Causes, Symptoms and Treatments (Human Anatomy and Physiology: Pain and Its Origins, Diagnosis and Treatments)
Posted on 2017-12-23, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Mary Lourdes Lima de Souza Montenegro | Category: Medicine | Language: English | Page: 233 | ISBN: 1613246560 | ISBN13: 9781613246566 |
Description: Chronic pelvic pain is defined as non-menstrual or noncyclic pelvic pain with duration of at least 6 months, sufficiently intense to interfere with habitual activities requiring treatment. Chronic pelvic pain was related for the first time in 1883 by Lawson Tait, a gynecologist that observing women who stayed sitting at the piano a lot of time had symptoms similar to that assigned nowadays to chronic pelvic pain, since then, the interest to study this disease comes increasing. Despite of this, are great difficulties in establishing the primary cause of chronic pelvic pain and consequently in proposing adequate treatment. This occurs mainly because chronic pelvic pain involves a complex interaction between the gastrointestinal, urinary, gynecologic, musculoskeletal, neurologic and endocrine systems. The estimated prevalence of chronic pelvic pain is 3.8% among women aged 15â€“73 years, ranging from 14% to 24% between women in reproductive age. About 60% of these women never receive a specific diagnosis and 20% never undergo any investigation to elucidate the cause of pain. In addition, almost 40% of women who are seen at primary care units complain of pelvic pain, which accounts for 40â€“50% of gynecological laparoscopies, 10% of gynecological visits and approximately 12% of hysterectomies. Additionally, chronic pelvic pain involves direct and indirect costs exceeding 40 billion dollars a year only in United States. Despite of this, is still little what is known about the physiopathology, prevalence, etiology and treatment of chronic pelvic pain. Therefore this book comes to fill a space required within the scientific literature describing and analyzing important concepts about chronic pelvic pain, and undoubtedly will contribute to the spread of the known and the improvement of research about the disease.
Pelvic Pain: Causes, Symptoms and Treatments (Human Anatomy and Physiology: Pain and Its Origins, Diagnosis and Treatments).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34645
- 2016-12-28Pelvic Pain Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Juvenile Delinquency: Causes, Control and Consequences (Law, Crime and Law Enforcement)
- 2018-01-16[PDF] Childhood Obesity: Causes, Consequences, and Intervention Approaches
- 2018-01-07[PDF] Jellyfish Blooms: Causes, Consequences and Recent Advances (Developments in Hydrobiology)
- 2017-11-29[PDF] Shyness & Love: Causes, Consequences, and Treatment
- 2017-12-12[PDF] Master Dentistry Volume 3 Oral Biology: Oral Anatomy, Histology, Physiology and Biochemistry, 1e
- 2014-05-30Human Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual, Main Version, 10 edition
- 2014-02-19Human Anatomy & Physiology, 8th Edition
- 2014-02-19Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology (10th Edition)
- 2014-02-18Hole's Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology [Repost]
- 2014-01-07Hole's Human Anatomy & Physiology, (9th Edition)
- 2014-01-05Human Anatomy & Physiology (9th edition) (Repost)
- 2013-10-28Hole's Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology (11th edition)
- 2013-05-02Human Anatomy & Physiology (9th Edition)
- 2013-01-17A Visual Analogy Guide to Human Anatomy & Physiology
- 2012-12-11Hole's Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology, 10th edition (Repost) - Removed
- 2012-12-04Mader's Understanding Human Anatomy & Physiology (7th edition)
- 2012-11-26Human Anatomy & Physiology, 9th Edition (Repost)
- 2012-11-02Human Anatomy & Physiology Laboratory Manual: Cat Version by Elaine Nicpon Marieb
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.