Posted on 2017-11-19, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Karin Tilmans, Frank van Vree, Jay Winter | Publisher: Amsterdam University Press | Category: History | Language: English | Page: 368 | ISBN: 9089642056 | ISBN13: 9789089642059 |
Description: Throughout Europe, narratives about the past circulate at a dizzying speed, and producing and selling these narratives is big business. In museums, in cinema and opera houses, in schools, and even on the Internet, Europeans are using the power of performance to craft stories that ultimately define the ways their audiences understand and remember history. Performing the Past offers unparalleled insights into the philosophical, literary, musical, and historical frameworks within which the past has entered into the European imagination. The essays in this volume, from such internationally renowned scholars as Reinhart Koselleck, Jan Assmann, Jane Caplan, Marianne Hirsch, Leo Spitzer, Peter Burke, and Alessandro Portelli, investigate various national and disciplinary traditions to explain how Europeans see themselves in the past, in the present, and in the years to come.
Performing the Past: Memory, History, and Identity in Modern Europe.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 33583
- 2011-06-09Performing the Past: Memory, History, and Identity in Modern Europe
- 2011-05-14Performing the Past: Memory, History, and Identity in Modern Europe
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Nationalizing the Past: Historians as Nation Builders in Modern Europe (Writing the Nation)
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Lessons from the Past?: Memory, Narrativity and Subjectivity (Palgrave Macmillan Memory Studies)
- 2017-10-27[PDF] Remembering the Crusades: Myth, Image, and Identity
- 2017-10-25[PDF] Ravel the Decadent: Memory, Sublimation, and Desire
- 2017-01-11[PDF] Ravel the Decadent: Memory, Sublimation, and Desire
- 2009-04-20Katherine Clarke - Making Time for the Past: Local History and the Polis
- 2014-03-07Nationalizing the Past: Historians as Nation Builders in Modern Europe (repost)
- 2013-05-11Nationalizing the Past: Historians as Nation Builders in Modern Europe (Writing the Nation) (repost)
- 2011-05-04Nationalizing the Past - Historians as Nation Builders in Modern Europe
- 2011-03-15Nationalizing the Past: Historians as Nation Builders in Modern Europe
- 2018-01-31[PDF] Victorian Narratives of the Recent Past: Memory, History, Fiction (Palgrave Studies in Nineteenth-Century Writing and Culture)
- 2018-01-24[PDF] Narratives of Low Countries History and Culture: Reframing the Past
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Essaying the Past: How to Read, Write and Think about History
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Dialogue with the Past: Engaging Students and Meeting Standards through Oral History (American Association for State and Local History)
- 2017-12-27[PDF] The Ideology of Classicism: Language, History, and Identity in Dionysius of Halicarnassus (Untersuchungen Zur Antiken Literatur Und Geschichte)
- 2017-12-23[PDF] Authoring the Past: Writing and Rethinking History
- 2017-12-14[PDF] Cypriot Cinemas: Memory, Conflict, and Identity in the Margins of Europe (Topics and Issues in National Cinema)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.