Posted on 2017-12-20, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Daniel Steel | Category: Philosophy | Language: English | Page: 266 | ISBN: 1107078164 | ISBN13: 9781107078161 |
Description: Scholars in philosophy, law, economics and other fields have widely debated how science, environmental precaution, and economic interests should be balanced in urgent contemporary problems, such as climate change. One controversial focus of these discussions is the precautionary principle, according to which scientific uncertainty should not be a reason for delay in the face of serious threats to the environment or health. While the precautionary principle has been very influential, no generally accepted definition of it exists and critics charge that it is incoherent or hopelessly vague. This book presents and defends an interpretation of the precautionary principle from the perspective of philosophy of science, looking particularly at how it connects to decisions, scientific procedures, and evidence. Through careful analysis of numerous case studies, it shows how this interpretation leads to important insights on scientific uncertainty, intergenerational justice, and the relationship between values and policy-relevant science.
Philosophy and the Precautionary Principle: Science, Evidence, and Environmental Policy.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34559
- 2018-01-14[PDF] Philosophy in the Age of Science and Capital (Transversals: New Directions in Philosophy)
- 2018-01-26[PDF] Development and Environmental Policy in India: The Last Few Decades (SpringerBriefs in Economics)
- 2017-11-20[PDF] Energy and Environmental Policy in China: Towards a Low-Carbon Economy (New Horizons in Environmental Economics Series)
- 2019-01-25Science and the Precautionary Principle in International Courts and Tribunals
- 2019-01-11Science and the Precautionary Principle in International Courts and Tribunals
- 2018-12-25Science and the Precautionary Principle in International Courts and Tribunals
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Infinity and the Mind: The Science and Philosophy of the Infinite (Princeton Science Library)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Philosophy and Logic of Quantum Physics: An Investigation of the Metaphysical and Logical Implications of Quantum Physics (Philosophische Grundlagen der Wissenschaften und ihrer Anwendungen)
- 2018-02-01[PDF] Philosophy and the Return of Violence: Studies from this Widening Gyre
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Philosophy and the Law of Torts (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Law)
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Gender Medicine: The Groundbreaking New Science of Gender- and Sex-Based Diagnosis and Treatment
- 2018-01-12[PDF] Philosophy and the Politics of Animal Liberation (Political Philosophy and Public Purpose) - Removed
- 2018-01-09[PDF] Encyclopaedia of the History of Science, Technology and Medicine in Non-Western Cultures - Removed
- 2018-01-04[PDF] Philosophy and Cognitive Science: Western & Eastern Studies (Studies in Applied Philosophy, Epistemology and Rational Ethics) - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Philosophy and Resistance in the Crisis: Greece and the Future of Europe
- 2017-12-30[PDF] Philosophy and the Darwinian Legacy
- 2017-12-26[PDF] Geoengineering of the Climate System: RSC (Issues in Environmental Science and Technology)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Philosophy and the Jewish Question: Mendelssohn, Rosenzweig, and Beyond
- 2017-12-25[PDF] The Ethics of Aid and Trade: US Food Policy, Foreign Competition, and the Social Contract (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Public Policy)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.