Posted on 2017-12-27, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Charles Rosen | Publisher: Free Press, (October 29, 2002) | Category: Music | Language: English | Page: 256 | ISBN: 0743203828 | ISBN13: 9780743203821 |
Description: Charles Rosen is one of the world's most talented pianists and one of music's most astute commentators. Known as a performer of Bach, Beethoven, Stravinsky, and Elliott Carter, he has also written highly acclaimed criticism for sophisticated students and professionals. In Piano Notes, he writes for a broader audience about an old friend the piano itself. Drawing upon a lifetime of wisdom and the accumulated lore of many great performers of the past, Rosen shows why the instrument demands such a stark combination of mental and physical prowess. Readers will gather many little-known insights from how pianists vary their posture, to how splicings and microphone placements can ruin recordings, to how the history of composition was dominated by the piano for two centuries. Stories of many great musicians abound. Rosen reveals Nadia Boulanger's favorite way to avoid commenting on the performances of her friends ("You know what I think," spoken with utmost earnestness), why Glenn Gould's recordings suffer from "double-strike" touches, and how even Vladimir Horowitz became enamored of splicing multiple performances into a single recording. Rosen's explanation of the piano's physical pleasures, demands, and discontents will delight and instruct anyone who has ever sat at a keyboard, as well as everyone who loves to listen to the instrument. In the end, he strikes a contemplative note. Western music was built around the piano from the classical era until recently, and for a good part of that time the instrument was an essential acquisition for every middle-class household. Music making was part of the fabric of social life. Yet those days have ended. Fewer people learn the instrument today. The rise of recorded music has homogenized performance styles and greatly reduced the frequency of public concerts. Music will undoubtedly survive, but will the supremely physical experience of playing the piano ever be the same?
Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist.pdf
- Ebooks list page : 34757
- 2012-03-20Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist By Charles Rosen
- 2012-03-19Piano Notes: The World of the Pianist
- 2018-01-21[PDF] Piano Lesson The Complete Absolute Beginners Keyboard Course
- 2018-01-01[PDF] Ophtho Notes: The Essential Guide
- 2017-11-27[PDF] Course Notes: the English Legal System
- 2017-11-22[PDF] Piano for the Developing Musician, Media Update (with Resource Center Printed Access Card)
- 2017-10-28[PDF] Guide to the Pianist's Repertoire (4th edition)
- 2017-10-11[PDF] Field Notes: The Making of Middle East Studies in the United States
- 2017-10-09[PDF] Guide to the Pianist's Repertoire
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Guide to the Pianist's Repertoire
- 2017-01-13[PDF] Guide to the Pianist's Repertoire (4th edition)
- 2018-01-08[PDF] Proceedings of the FISITA 2012 World Automotive Congress: Volume 5: Advanced Transmission System and Driveline (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering) - Removed
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Proceedings of the FISITA 2012 World Automotive Congress: Volume 6: Vehicle Electronics (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering) - Removed
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Proceedings of the FISITA 2012 World Automotive Congress: Volume 11: Advanced Vehicle Manufacturing Technology (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering) - Removed
- 2017-11-24[PDF] Proceedings of the 7th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management (WCEAM 2012) (Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering)
- 2017-11-19[PDF] Proceedings of the FISITA 2012 World Automotive Congress: Volume 12: Intelligent Transport System(ITS) & Internet of Vehicles (Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering)
- 2017-11-05[PDF] Proceedings of the 10th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management (WCEAM 2015) (Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering) - Removed
- 2019-02-17edoc site oscar peterson jazz piano for the young pianist 1
- 2018-02-02[PDF] Globish: How the English Language Became the World's Language [Audiobook]
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.