[PDF] Plant Breeding and Biotechnology: Societal Context and the Future of Agriculture (Cambridge University Press)
Posted on 2017-04-07, by luongquocchinh.
Author: Denis Murphy | Publisher: Cambridge University Press | Category: Other Engineering | Language: English | Page: 452 | ISBN: 0521823897 | ISBN13: 9780521823890 |
Description: This comprehensive 2007 survey of modern plant breeding traces its history from the earliest experiments at the dawn of the scientific revolution in the seventeenth century to the present day and the existence of high tech agribusiness. Murphy tells the story from the perspective of a scientist working in this field, offering a rationale and evidence-based insight into its development. Crop improvement is examined from both a scientific and socio-economic perspective and the ways in which these factors interact and impact on agricultural development are discussed, including debates on genetically-modified food. Murphy highlights concerns over the future of plant breeding, as well as potential options to enable us to meet the challenges of feeding the world in the 21st century. This thoroughly interdisciplinary and balanced account serves as an essential resource for everyone involved with plant breeding research, policy and funding, as well as those wishing to engage with current debates.
Plant Breeding and Biotechnology: Societal Context and the Future of Agriculture (Cambridge University Press).pdf
- Ebooks list page : 31356
- 2011-09-04Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy
- 2011-07-16Science and Technology and the Future Development of Societies: International Workshop Proceedings
- 2011-05-19Measuring and Sustaining the New Economy, Software, Growth, and the Future of the U.S Economy: Report of a Symposium
- 2017-11-15[PDF] Economics and the Theory of Games (Cambridge University Press, 2003)
- 2017-11-17[PDF] Plant Breeding and Biotechnology: Societal Context and the Future of Agriculture
- 2019-05-06Plant Breeding and Biotechnology Societal Context and the Future of Agriculture
- 2019-03-18Plant Breeding and Biotechnology Societal Context and the Future of Agriculture
- 2009-09-29Plant Breeding and Biotechnology: Societal Context and the Future of Agriculture
- 2017-12-09[PDF] Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal Realm: Beyond the Doors of Perception into the Dreaming of Earth
- 2017-10-19[PDF] Plant Evolution and the Origin of Crop Species (CABI)
- 2018-01-30[PDF] Roger Bacon and the Defence of Christendom (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Life and Thought: Fourth Series)
- 2018-01-22[PDF] Mathematical Methods for Physics and Engineering: A Comprehensive Guide (Cambridge University Press)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Marcel Proust and the Strategy of Reading (Purdue University Monographs in Romance Languages)
- 2018-01-13[PDF] Climate Change and the Future of Sustainability: The Impact on Renewable Resources
- 2018-01-05[PDF] Philosophical Faith and the Future of Humanity - Removed
- 2018-01-03[PDF] Behavioral Ecology and the Transition to Agriculture (Origins of Human Behavior and Culture)
- 2017-12-31[PDF] Death at the Opposite Ends of the Eurasian Continent: Mortality Trends in Taiwan and the Netherlands 1850-1945 (Amsterdam University Press - Life at the Extremes)
- 2017-12-25[PDF] Lexical Phonology and the History of English (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
- 2017-12-24[PDF] International Migration and the Future of Populations and Labour in Europe (The Springer Series on Demographic Methods and Population Analysis)
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.